Best way to fit radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to sort out a new living room radiator before I get the plasterers back in to finally finish all the plastering in my house.

Any one give any advice on best way to route new pipes in. The pic below shows where the rad is going and what my starting point is.

I've looked all over the net but there's a lot of conflicting info.

Pipe in the ceiling that you can see is 10 mm which goes to rad in room upstairs it has originally come off a 15mm run.

I want the pipes hidden in the wall, which is going to be dot and dabbed. Radiator will be going centre under window. Am I best just doing a tee off the 10 mm for upstairs and running new 10 mm down the wall for the new rad. From what I've seen on the net it seems common now to run it to an exit in the centre of the radiator the come out a box. Does the pipe need to be protected in any way, especially if it's external wall?

The rad is 1400 x 500 double panel.

Here's the pic.

P1100137.JPG

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don't tee off the 10mm pipes, it won't work very well, you need to go back to the main runs of 15mm or 22mm. You can bring the pipes out of the wall however you feel looks best, they're generally brought out in the centre in a box when plastic pipe is used but this is less common with copper

Am I best running the pipes down the left of the window, which would keep the pipe runs smaller or going down the right of the window in the corner of the room?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back