Best way to fix this leak (Sanishower outflow)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The outflow of my Sanishower is leaking at the point shown in the photo.

If I understand it correctly, the lower part is a non-return valve and the upper (black) part is a connector (maybe needed because the pipe widths are different?).

I guess I will need to remove the whole thing and replace the sealant. If so, what would be the correct sealant to use? Or is there a better way to fix this?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_105550 with arrow.jpg
    IMG_20200627_105550 with arrow.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Well I thought I`d seen it all with sani pumps but that it right up there with the best! How to join the nrv to a soft rubber inlet connector = Use silicone! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Buy a new non-return valve online. A 21.5mm solvent weld straight connector, a small tub of solvent weld cement and a 22-32mm metal jubilee clip then you need to find a plumber willing to sell you 6" of overflow pipe and job done.

Thank you. Really appreciate that. I will do what you said.

It did look a very odd way of connecting it, even to my untrained eye. I'm glad it gave you a laugh anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back