Best way to wire 6mm cable for induction hob and oven in different location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an oven and induction hob that are about 2 meters apart.

I have a 6mm cable supply on a 32amp mcb.

What is the best way to wire up both oven and hob on the same 6mm cable?

Getting a fitting for 6mm cable that will allow me to split it for both seems to be a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Taylortwocities, I've got one of these, but it only takes one 6mm and the other two connections are for the flex. My oven and hob are too far apart to connect both into one of these.

Also do both oven and hob need isolation switches? Or is it ok for the mcb to provide the protection? If it does then i need the 6mm cable first going into an switched connection so I can isolate both oven and hob from it.

They do not both need isolation switches. In fact an isolation switch is not a regulation requirement for either. Just remember that an MCB will only provide isolation of the line conductor, not the neutral.

If the cable from the oven/hob are integral to the appliance then you would need to extend one/both so they will reach the supply point.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Taylortwocities.

Ok I see. Is it ok if I take 2.5mm T+E from one of the supply points to an isolation switch to one of the appliances.

So 6mm coming into the dual outlet plate. Say oven directly into the plate. Then 2.5 from the plate to the hob going into an isolation switch, and then the hob flex wired into that.

Or does that run also need to be a 6mm cable? If so best way to do this as not possible from the dual outlet plate as not big enough.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back