Best wireless home alarm system

We will need pet-friendly PIR's as we have a cav king charles spaniel (she's about 9 or 10 Kg I think), whats the best/favoured hard wired pet friendly PIR?
Bosch Blue Line dual techs ("tritechs") are the best. For a PIR, go for the Optex RX40-PT (but make sure that the dog doesn't jump up on the furniture!).

Sponsored Links
We will need pet-friendly PIR's as we have a cav king charles spaniel (she's about 9 or 10 Kg I think), whats the best/favoured hard wired pet friendly PIR?
Bosch Blue Line dual techs ("tritechs") are the best. For a PIR, go for the Optex RX40-PT (but make sure that the dog doesn't jump up on the furniture!).
Thanks EightyTwo
Sorry, excuse my ignorance, the Bosch Blue Line dual techs arent PIR's? But better than a PIR? how do they work? In laymans if possible please

Cheers all

Having spoke to a couple of guys at work, they both have Visonic Powermax Complete's and highly recommend them. Now the question that'll cause another debate :rolleyes:

Fit myself, or get it installed? One of the guys in work, his friend fits them and said it's approx £400 to buy the alarm with extras, or get it fitted for approx £1000, he said fitting and setting up takes 4-6 hours (approximately for a standard 3 or 4 bed semi)

Are wireless alarms really that hard to fit? I'm not by any means questioning alarm fitters skills/abilities etc, just asking if I could save myself £600 by fitting myself?

Sponsored Links
Wow is that £600 just for 4 hours labour or does that include anything else?

I was thinking the same Paul! Apparently everything is set up by him at his place and on a laptop, so he just arrives with it ready configured, fits it and goes. Hence me asking is it really that hard to fit? He does change the batteries for you when they need doing for no charge, but again I'd imagine they're not too difficult to do either...

Can do one 3 pirs , 2 contacts and wireless bell in around an hour !
Pre programmed ( extra 30 mins)

Visonic kits are prelearned, probably takes more time showing the customer how to use it and doing the tests to complete the commissioning.

@bernardgreen many people will just fit wireless without any formal checks being done, more often than not they will be fine and if there is a problem later they fob the customer off with it was fine when it was installed.

@britishboy7 have a go, you can use a drill and a screwdriver and you can read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back