Best zone 1 downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Can people provide thoughts on some good quality Zone 1 downlighters.

I need ones with chrome bezesl which is not dimable or tiltable. They will very probably have LED bulbs.

Above them is a pitched roof cavity which will be insulated. I will not have access to the roof to install them.

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
You must not cut holes in your lovely thermal layer.
What do you think is going to happen to all of your expensive heat?

surely Taylor I can cut a hole to have downlighters???

Not if you are going to shag your thermal rating.

Is this a new construction, with building control viewing it?

Sponsored Links
Above them is a pitched roof cavity which will be insulated. I will not have access to the roof to install them.
That is a bit confusing but if you do not have access above the bath/shower ceiling then you cannot and will not be able to fit them.

yep cable, but I have a means of getting that into place. The size of the extension is very small

Can people provide thoughts on some good quality Zone 1 downlighters.
Do I take it that you're certain they will be in Zone 1? 2.25m about FFL is quite low for a ceiling - my SIL is nearly 2.03m tall.

Kind Regards, John

But you cannot have holes in the insulation and you will not be able to cover the lights (with suitable enclosures) to ensure the insulation is intact.

ceiling is actually around 3m, I was just thinking zone 1, perhaps in error

sorry I'll be fitting them from below
The problem is that the insulation in the roof must go over the lights to comply with building regulations, and all downlights require a certain amount of free space around them to avoid overheating and failure.

This is usually acheived by the use of these: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/JC94020.html or similar products, which obviously cannot be installed from below.

On reflection perhaps I was slightly unclear earlier, I can probably access the loft from the side but cannot crawl into the loft

ceiling is actually around 3m, I was just thinking zone 1, perhaps in error
Zone 1 only extends up to 2.25m above finished floor level (even if bath or shower tray is much higher that floor, which is daft!) - so it sounds as if your light would not be in any Zone.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back