Best zone 1 downlighters

Sponsored Links
The zone doesn't really matter though, the thermal performance of the insulation will be the limiting factor.

Sponsored Links
flameport,

are you saying that if I fit the metal covers then I can fit downlighters?

It's not just the thermal insulation considerations which are a problem.

This is a bathroom - warm, very moist air - so much moisture in it that it starts to condense even at the temperatures in the room.

You must, must, absolutely must stop that air from getting into the roof space, or you will get serious condensation up there and your roof timbers will start to rot.

You must be able to build or install completely sealed enclosures over the lights - no leaks in the enclosures themselves and no leaks between the enclosures and the roof side of the plasterboard.

On reflection perhaps I was slightly unclear earlier, I can probably access the loft from the side but cannot crawl into the loft
Then you simply cannot have them, and that really is all there is to it.

My wholesaler sells LED down lighters which are only 12mm deep and are ideal for situations like this.

They are suitable for use in zone 1 and as they are not as thick as a standard ceiling board they can be installed without the need to remove any insulation above the ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back