• just an animal

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could you ever abandon a dog?

my late wife, had a poodle, love her to death.
I made a promise to look after "our sukie"

she's 15 now, thought we were going to lose her last month, she had a minor fit during the night.

she's ok fit and fine, bounces up at least a meter, like a rubber ball when we come home.

what level of mentality views a pet who trusts you, as a simple inconvenience :cry: to dump by the roadside :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I can't make the connection between your much loved dog & abandoning one, was Suki an abandoned dog when you got her?

Sorry, I can't make the connection between your much loved dog & abandoning one, was Suki an abandoned dog when you got her?

sukie was a rescue dog.

thats not the point.

iwas trying to say

(and the ad is on for the blue cross right now, which is what triggered this)

sorry :oops:

so I asking, you bring a dog into your house as a pet?
that dog trusts you and you are its whole world.
how do you view that level of trust.
why do people just treat them as fashion accessories

Sponsored Links
I'd like to know the thinking behind the t0sspot who said "its just an animal".
Even farmers and the like who use dogs as working animals, would surely have some sentiment towards them!

Or as the Koreans say its not just for Christmas it could also do for boxing day and a curry on the day after

Given the occasional content of a dogs stomach, they can sometimes be confused for a handbag too, especially the little yappy ones :LOL:

Were you meaning this Blue Cross or the Debenhams sale one? :D

My wife keeps moaning (nowt unusual) that she wants a dog for a pet, but I don't think it would be fair on the cat so say no.
Wouldn't be fair on me either as I know full well who will have to walk it, clean up it's doodoo's etc.

I love dogs of all shapes and sizes... provided they are properly trained and obedient. It's all very well someone telling me that their 12-stone Alsation is safe with children, but that's no different to someone telling me that the gun they are pointing at me is unloaded. I'm taking their word for it.

Bring back the dog licence, introduce mandatory training and introduce huge fines for anyone who doesn't look after their animals properly. By which I don't mean abusing their animals, I mean allowing bad behaviour to go unchecked.

People who abandon dogs suck.

our wee pooch is 17 now! half blind, stone deaf not too good on its old pins anymore! he still manages to get up and meet us at the door.
and he still loves his grub.
it has been suggested by some it may be fairer to have him put to sleep :evil: .
not a chance!!! not while my wee dog is pain free and enjoys its grub.
anyone who can abandon or be cruel to a dumb animal is not worth a ferk as far as i am concerned.

and he is a huge part of the family! :D

I don't care for dogs and to be honest I wouldn't have one in my house given the choice, but If I made the decision to have one as a pet then It would be my responsibility to look after it..
you can't make the choice to be responsible for another life and then change your mind when you can't be bothered..

even if it's finding someone else to look after that life for you..

He had an accident and this was his way of saying sorry. Abanondon him? I think not...

Sorry.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back