beware exploding butter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We were sitting having breakfast in the kitchen when all of a sudden we heard a loud bang and about 750 g of melted butter was splashed all over the kitchen. It even reached the ceiling

It appears my wife but 3 butter blocks in a steel pot and was melting it on a 5 setting on the electric stove - which is sort of middle hot. Luckily the butter was melted but not really hot, some splashes went on my children - it would have been a disaster if it were hot.

The explosion blew away most of the content in the pot, it took quite some time to get all the f**** butter from the wall, ceiling, floor, everywhere. What a mess

Anyway, I had a look in the net and found a little bit of information, I guess it was the water content of the butter that caused it. My wife said she was using expensive bioo butter (whatever that is supposed to be??), so I would guess that butter has a higher water content.

This wiki article explains it (I think this is what happened to us) __http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheating

So beware of the butter, next thing we will not be allowed to go on a plane of we got butter with us - bloody dangerous stuff this is!

Sponsored Links
Hope you realise, you have just added another 15 minutes to the airport check in proceedures. :cry: :cry:

Should have used Anchor.
Its weighed down!

rofl5.gif

Sponsored Links
Spread the word...new super fuel found...butter...make a slick getaway. :LOL:

you should use "dry butter" for that sort of thing as you are correct normal butter has a higher water content

Back