BG 360 RD1 (Ideal Classic) fan replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this with scope of the DIY'er or does this boiler need the post case tests? Fan is getting noisy that I would suggest is its bearings. They are not that expensive and straight forward to replace.

The boiler is 15 years old and has been reliable with 2 thermister harness replacements and a new fan about 6 years ago. Never seen anyone test after taking the case cover off so thought I had better check first.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sponsored Links
You’d need to flue gas analyse the emissions to ensure safe operation following replacement. It’s definitely rgi as it’s actually rebuilding the flue

I love the youtube video of the guy changing the bearings, trust me I have never got one to work yet, the small nuts at the bottom always drops and is an absolute one to get back in, you will probably get away with just greasing the bearing , I use silicon grease on them and they keep going for years

Sponsored Links
If you use zx1-c60 oil you won’t even need to strip it. 90% dry bearing rescue for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back