Biasi 24S DV - Diaphragm replaced still not igniting.

Can you see if the DHW microswitch behing the gas valve and ignition box is making, if it isnt you have a problem with diverter somewhere.
That pin is not making the switch.

I'm not 100% if there is a manual o/ht stat on these, perhaps someone will know, is there not a white or black screw cap on front pannel nex to control knobs, with a flat slot in it? If yes, unscrew it and push the little button underneat it, that is your o/ht

Did it work when you 1st fired it back up, after changing part, was CH ok before?
Has not fired up since changed the part, just makes a buzzing sound for a while which quietens after a minute or so.
Pump running as can hear the water moving in the radiators.

C/H was not working, H/W either.

Was left for quite a while with this spilt diaphragm in it, with only the H/W running when the C/H was on full blast.

I will look for this reset switch. Though I cannot see anything on the front.

If possible could, someone confirm which way round the new diaphragm should be. I might swap it round now just to test it. Then I will have to come back tomorrow to have another go at this.

Thanks again for your help folks. ;)

Sponsored Links
On the opposite end of the brass diverter valve from where you changed the diaphragm, behind the red and black box (ignition box) is a clear microswitch housing, when you turn the HW on a spindle will push forward out of the brass diverter valve and activate switch, as was said these are a pain in the arse to see whats happening, you will need a mirror and a torch.

Did you try the o/ht on the front?????????

Yep that clear switch is not working, the pin ** spindle ** is not moving.

o/ht? Sorry, no idea what this is.

water pressure is being set at 1bar

Better leavin it alone then dont u think and get someone that does.
it will cost u less than changing loads of things that u have no clue about and didnt need changing any way.
Put hand in pocket -
Pay someone who knows
end

Sponsored Links
I'd imagine you haven't reassembled the diaphragm correctly ie wrong way round.

After looking at the biasi blown diagram for that valve, the diaphragm is installed the correct way round.

well there isn't too much more to it, diaphragm, plastic / pin part and a big spring as long as you have put these back correctly and pushed the housing fully home it will be fine.....as long as you didn't damage one of the differential pipes when you moved it.

After taking it apart, I see the spindle that runs through to the opposite end to push the micro switch - is only moving about 1/4 inch. It will not move any further so it's about an 1/8 inch away from hitting the switch.

After seeing the condition of the old diaphragm, I am pondering the idea that maybe some remnants of the old one, have passed through the valve assembly, and positioned itself somewhere that is impeding the spindle?

Dismantle the whole thing and clean it?

Thanks

Read through the manual downloaded from Biasi, found the reset switch from where it overheats. Pressed and bingo! FIXED !

white or black screw cap on front pannel nex to control knobs, with a flat slot in it? If yes, unscrew it and push the little button underneat it, that is your o/ht
:) cheers for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back