Biasi Riva Plus 24kW Combi Boiler?? anygood??

Sponsored Links
just read the ebay link.

since when has a fitting a magnaclean been called a 'powerflush'

your warranty will be worth less than a bog roll from Lidl.

This is the typical response from a Gas safe dinosaur. When will they realise the days of fitting an £800 boiler and charging £2.5k are long gone.

It's a day job. £350+boiler at cost is plenty enough for a day's work.

just read the ebay link.

since when has a fitting a magnaclean been called a 'powerflush'

your warranty will be worth less than a bog roll from Lidl.

I think i may as well get a Potterton GOLD 24 HE Combi Inc Std Flue & Clock for £662 and get some one to fit it for cash, then get a gas safe certificate done ???

Sponsored Links
This is the typical response from a Gas safe dinosaur. When will they realise the days of fitting an £800 boiler and charging £2.5k are long gone.

It's a day job. £350+boiler at cost is plenty enough for a day's work.

I cant aford 2.5K if it was that kind of money I would fit combi my self but need the gas safe certificate and done 100% right

combi swap with 6 rads takes me 1 1/2 - 2 days to install personaly.
cant see how you can
setting up the job carpet protector ect
de commission.
powerflush
hang boiler
pipe up
cold flush and hot flush
re commission
thats with out adding trv's and new lockshelds if needed
saying that i am a one man band

sorry you wont see me installing for £350

combi swap with 6 rads takes me 1 1/2 - 2 days to install personaly.
cant see how you can
setting up the job carpet protector ect
de commission.
powerflush
hang boiler
pipe up
cold flush and hot flush
re commission
thats with out adding trv's and new lockshelds if needed
saying that i am a one man band

sorry you wont see me installing for £350

wish I could get £350 for a days work
well its having new carpets as i am doing the bungalow up, every thing needs sorting
I am going to fit 5 new radiators my self before getting combi sorted

Well. when you do a 4 years apprentiship and get payed f-all
Pay for
public liability
Van insurance
Registration with gas safe ever year for 5 years
Petrol
Tools
Being self employed £350 may be all you earn all week
Have that install in your name

You tell me your gonna work for that.
Btw I said for me it would take 1 1/2 to 2 days
So that would be around £175 a day. Without taking tax out

Well. when you do a 4 years apprentiship and get payed f-all
Pay for
public liability
Van insurance
Registration with gas safe ever year for 5 years
Petrol
Tools
Being self employed £350 may be all you earn all week
Have that install in your name

You tell me your gonna work for that.
Btw I said for me it would take 1 1/2 to 2 days
So that would be around £175 a day. Without taking tax out

well I understand what you are saying.
what would you charge to swap a combi, cant really see my job been longer then a day, standard Flue in wall same as old combi

What was the apprenticeship in? Plumbing or gas fitting?

No other trade has a van or fuel blah blah. How sad for the gas fitting industry.

How much do you charge for a straight combi swap? No rads etc.

I can't really say what I would charge without seeing the job I and I don't work in the area you are based so prices may differ.
It's not what you can see that makes it easy yes I understand. It proberly just looks like a chop chop chop new boiler see you later type job.
But what can't you see is the system full of crap, is the gas pipe undersized, will the boiler be suitable in the new location, does it need a plume kit ect ect ect.
I really really can't see the job costing 2.5k but as I said I can't see the job.

All I can advise is get a few quotes from people and see what they recomend give them you budget on the boiler as see what they come up with

Btw a power flush takes me round half a day depending on hOw many rads there are also had plenty take me a full day where I had to take to radiators off and flush them manually

Good luck

Joe I don't need a new career thanks get plenty of work. But as your so keen to do jobs like that for £350 why not give the op your number after all petrol doesn't matter blah blah
P.s rather be a dinosor then a cowboy

I don't fit boilers, so I aint no cowboy. Gas safe is getting pretty crowded with short course bodgers - they can't repair but they can fit combis no probs. They are more than happy to earn £350 a day even if you aren't. They never seem to turn up with a power flush machine though - but the householder doesn't know any better. They get their money and off they go.

Well can't really disagree with most of our your last comments
Ou thing I can say is I go to plenty of 12 week "gas engineers" jobs where there f(_)(k3d
I prefer breakdowns anyway make my brain work more

ljrgas";p="2609129 said:
I can't really say what I would charge without seeing the job I and I don't work in the area you are based so prices may differ.
It's not what you can see that makes it easy yes I understand. It proberly just looks like a chop chop chop new boiler see you later type job.
But what can't you see is the system full of crap, is the gas pipe undersized, will the boiler be suitable in the new location, does it need a plume kit ect ect ect.
I really really can't see the job costing 2.5k but as I said I can't see the job.

All I can advise is get a few quotes from people and see what they recomend give them you budget on the boiler as see what they come up with

Btw a power flush takes me round half a day depending on hOw many rads there are also had plenty take me a full day where I had to take to radiators off and flush them manually

Good luck

gas meter is right under combi, it as a 22mm pipe ?
is a power flush done before fitting new combi?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back