Big Numbers today

I know a friend of family in his mid 50's rushed into hospital boxing day. One of the youngsters brought into the house earlier in the week, suspect tested but took a few days for results doh! In the meantime the rest of the fam had headaches then aches then in bed for few days. Aforementioned chap collapsed few days into Covid and is now in hospital on oxygen and that stuff trump took who felt 20years younger after.. he was on bpressure meds i hear. Which i believe makes your X-cells more receptive to this bastud.

So that's 3 groups ive known have it

1st a couple in 40's one ended up in hospital struggling to breath
2nd mid 40's + fam all just felt flu like for week
3n mid 50's + fam one fainted ended up in hospital.

Sponsored Links
A good friend of mine works in a London hospital, and says while it is high and serious, most cases are still elderly people that are obese with other health issues. Might not be the same everywhere though.
That's the problem though

There are millions in the vulnerable group.....not all old people, but those with health problems that allow them perfectly normal lives but very much at risk from covid.

I know a friend of family in his mid 50's rushed into hospital boxing day. One of the youngsters brought into the house earlier in the week, suspect tested but took a few days for results doh! In the meantime the rest of the fam had headaches then aches then in bed for few days. Aforementioned chap collapsed few days into Covid and is now in hospital on oxygen and that stuff trump took who felt 20years younger after.. he was on bpressure meds i hear. Which i believe makes your X-cells more receptive to this bastud.

So that's 3 groups ive known have it

1st a couple in 40's one ended up in hospital struggling to breath
2nd mid 40's + fam all just felt flu like for week
3n mid 50's + fam one fainted ended up in hospital.

Certainly makes it real when it's people you know.

A good friend of mine works in a London hospital, and says while it is high and serious, most cases are still elderly people that are obese with other health issues. Might not be the same everywhere though.

I know a few people who work in a number of local hospitals, and they only tell you about the thirty-something colleague in otherwise good health....

Sponsored Links
This is the current situation (NHS data, 17th Dec)
English data, which is why not as many as the 70k deaths for UK..

covid deaths.png

This is the current situation (NHS data, 17th Dec)
English data, which is why not as many as the 70k deaths for UK..

there is a defect in your table that makes it worthless for drawing conclusions about the relationship between pre-existing conditions and death.

It does not say what proportion of the general population, including of course those who did not die, have pre-existing conditions within each age groups.

It is certainly to be expected that 80-year olds in general will have more pre-existing conditions than 19-year olds in general.

Not sure if it's true, but heard that people working in hospitals/NHS have been sworn to secrecy about what's happening in hospitals.

I don’t think that will work - it’s not China, Russia or North Korea here!

While perhaps not an official edict to keep schtum, professional courtesy on the part of those who work there may / would be the order of the day. Mehbee?

It does not say what proportion of the general population, including of course those who did not die, have pre-existing conditions within each age groups.

I'm sure that info is available on NHS/gov websites somewhere.

53k today and there were many naysayers when the scientists made those predictions.

At least there are NO deaths due to flu. Strange.

Why do you think there are NO flu deaths? The data isn't released so quickly, so how can you know?
Anyway, pretty obvious that flu cases will be down as people are shielding, and carriers are wearing masks.

Sponsored Links
Back