Big Numbers today

also, influenza vaccine uptake is 77% in people aged 65 years + which is the highest uptake ever achieved.

Sponsored Links
they are still catching covid.

Some people are catching covid, but not all, thankfully.
Covid is still killing around 1 in 100 people - if we abandon lockdowns and social distancing, everybody in the UK will get it. That means 700,000 deaths.

But this is the problem - if we protect people, deniers moan that not many people are dying, if we don't, the same people will complain too many people are dying.

What is a reasonable number of deaths due to covid? Shall we let 250,000 die before locking down again?

Some people are catching covid, but not all, thankfully.
Covid is still killing around 1 in 100 people -
Is it?

if we abandon lockdowns and social distancing, everybody in the UK will get it. That means 700,000 deaths.[/quote]
Has that happened anywhere?

But this is the problem - if we protect people, deniers moan that not many people are dying, if we don't, the same people will complain too many people are dying.
Yes, that is the problem. No one can refute the claim that lockdown is working so they carry on.

What is a reasonable number of deaths due to covid? Shall we let 250,000 die before locking down again?
Or not.

Has that happened anywhere?

No, but every country in the world has taken action of some kind.
America has 335K deaths from 19.4million cases - that's 1.73 deaths per 100 positive cases.

It's a bit like complaining that bullet proof vests are pointless because not as many people police officers die as you'd expect would, after being shot.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it's true, but heard that people working in hospitals/NHS have been sworn to secrecy about what's happening in hospitals.

Def not all as I know doctors and nurses who tell me what is going on.

No, but every country in the world has taken action of some kind.
Yet some have been even stricter (well, actually strict) than the UK and done worse.

UK lockdown - stay home unless you go out - for shopping, excercise, work, school etc.

America has 335K deaths from 19.4million cases - that's 1.73 deaths per 100 positive cases.
UK has 72,567 deaths from 2,382.865 cases - that's 3.00 deaths per 100 positive cases. Working ???

Do you mean 19.4 million positive tests? How many were ill?
Yet they complain Trump did too little but the figures are better than the UK.

What if they could test everyone at once and had say - 100million positive tests?

It's a bit like complaining that bullet proof vests are pointless because not as many people police officers die as you'd expect would, after being shot.
Not really. It would only be similar if no one knew whether the vests actually saved lives.

There are insufficient facepalm GIFs to demonstrate how annoying EFLs latest brain incontinence is. So many basic and silly mistakes.

Then correct them - with correct lucid explanations and proof.

You think Ferguson, Whitty and Vallance have saved 430,000 lives so lack credibility.

I bet they wish now that they had forecast a million deaths.

Then correct them - with correct lucid explanations and proof.

You think Ferguson, Whitty and Vallance have saved 430,000 lives so lack credibility.

I bet they wish now that they had forecast a million deaths.
Why waste my time, really why? You haven't learnt a thing so far from polite and helpful posts, or even from mine. You are a lost cause and the only thing left to do is flag up that you're wrong to all those who pass by.

No one locked down supermarkets - been open from the start. Wonder what the incidence and death stats are for the workers. Must be quite a risky job, but still don't see all of them wearing masks. Quite a few fatties on the tills in my local Asda. You'd think they would be dropping like flies.

Sponsored Links
Back