Big Numbers today

Well over the first wave hospitalisation numbers now. When the Christmas day batch starts to be admitted it's going to be very bleak. :(

Sponsored Links
Your civil liberty to spout off any nonsense you like about govt..politics etc is undiminished .The more you and people like you fuk about the longer we all sit at home..It is the pratts partying,not wearing masks and being soft fannies about a jab that are helping to prolong things.

Not me fuking about. But if you're happy to swallow the propaganda and prolong the ridiculous rules that keep society from operating - carry on. I'm sure you're not the only one who's unconcerned that the government is lying to them and spinning a web of BS. You seem totally oblivious to the warning signals and almost pleased to be led by the nose.

So where's the pandemic?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1111804/weekly-deaths-in-england-and-wales/

More propaganda exposed -

And does anyone believe the lockdowns will end after vaccination?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Won't we get a foretaste with the tested-positive numbers?

I wouldn't take a lot of notice of those, as they are so easily manipulated.
Want to make it look better - test fewer. Fewer tests = fewer positives.
Want to make it look worse - test more. More tests - more positives.

Are you suggesting UK fiddles the figures?
Sorry, wrong word, manipulates.

We haven't done much of that particular silly game playing, but the use of the lateral flow gets will reduce the consistency. That's because the lateral flow tests are being used to pick up (some) cases that wouldn't have been identified previously and so we'll see higher numbers of positive results but no matching increase in hospitalisation or mortality.

50,000~ positive daily cases probably maps through to over a thousand dead a day in two/three weeks. But that's uneducated guess work at best.

Are you suggesting UK fiddles the figures?
Sorry, wrong word, manipulates.

I can't speak from recent experience but I do know that, in autumn last year, we were told to "get a test", yet were basically prohibited from doing so.
I only got a test because the "man on the gate" took pity on me, a friend was offered tests in (I can't recall exactly, but) somewhere like Aberdeen airport testing centre.
Certainly in our local testing centre (where I got seen), I was one of only four people there, no-one in a queue, and testing kits were obviously available.
(I was told that, at that time, the testing was being throttled back at source, as the labs couldn't cope. If that was the case then, they wouldn't even have offered my friend the Aberdeen slot, would they?)

What, would you say, is the difference?
Don't tell me you're still smarting?
Or do you really want to open another long-winded discussion about the subtle differences between words?

Fiddles implies manipulation to one's own benefit.
Manipulation can be ambivalent, or non-partisan.

fiddle - to act dishonestly in order to get something for yourself, or to change something dishonestly, especially to your advantage:

manipulation - the action of manipulating something in a skilful manner.

Don't tell me you're still smarting?
Or do you really want open another long-winded discussion about the subtle differences between words?

Fiddles implies manipulation to one's own benefit.
Manipulation can be ambivalent, or non-partisan.
Either way we can agree that manipulating and fiddling with exact wording is a bit dull.

Government considering bringing in tier 5. If it isn't working, keep doing it and do it more. Hopeless!

New variant! :ROFLMAO:
They have to avoid the political nightmare of a 'new lockdown' so they just call it a new 'tier'...

Wait for tier 6 - it's called 'martial law'...

Well f uck them!

Sponsored Links
Back