big sheets of 'skrim'?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a supplier of big sheets, or wide rolls of 'skrim' (or something that would do the same job) to cover a damaged lath and plaster wall before it is skimmed. I'm aware that this is a bit of a bodge, but the alternative is too awful to contemplate at the moment!! I'm told this stuff can be bought in Poland - anyone know of anyone selling it here?

Thanks in advance
LindaLancaster

Sponsored Links
we sell rolls of hessien sacking over here. :confused:

can you not overboard the problem area?

LindaLancaster said:
I'm trying to find a supplier of big sheets, or wide rolls of 'skrim' (or something that would do the same job) to cover a damaged lath and plaster wall before it is skimmed. I'm aware that this is a bit of a bodge, but the alternative is too awful to contemplate at the moment!! I'm told this stuff can be bought in Poland - anyone know of anyone selling it here?

Thanks in advance
LindaLancaster

get your polish mate to have some sent over

Sponsored Links
Thanks Prod, that looks like exactly what he described, I'll ring them first thing tomorrow and ask them if they'll supply us!
Xposis, I haven't ruled out asking my mate to get some sent over - we'll only need about 10m - but it just seemed a bit daft....
Noseall, our plan B was to overboard (plan a being to rip it all off and do it properly) but the plaster is really very crumbly and the laths are all broken inside, it was only being held together by the wallpaper. My mate reckoned it was better to leave well alone to keep the mess level to a minimum!

Thanks again for all your input, great here isn't it!

Linda Lancaster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back