Bills in perspective

C

calorific

Don;t know what your bills are but we've been paying £100 pcm for a year now (and awaiting an updated evaluation of the number of units used over a 12 month cycle to determine what our actual average monthly usage is). Assuming it ain;t going to be hugely different, but even if it doubled, somewhere between £3 and £6 per day to heat, feed, wash, light and entertain a family of 4 in a 3 bed semi is a real bargain in the grand plan of things. FFS, a McDonalds breakfast costs over £3 just for one to scoff on in a morning.

Sometimes we whinge too much.

Sponsored Links
do you have your annual actual kw consumption and you provider??
£100 a month will be around an average 7000kw off each gas and electric
if you havent switched every year or so you may be paying over the odds

Sponsored Links
do you have your annual actual kw consumption and you provider??
£100 a month will be around an average 7000kw off each gas and electric
if you havent switched every year or so you may be paying over the odds
We had a bit of gip with a previous provider which meant that we "got away" without paying for gas for a few months through no fault of our own. So we asked the new provider to set it at £100pcm for 12 months so that we could gauge our actual usage of gas and electric. Once we have the facts then we'll be able to decide the best option.

Even so, £3 per day is nothing considering what we get for it compared to other ways of spending money. What's a packet of ciggies these days - £6+??

do you have a years actual consumption for both
i will work it out if you tell me the plan your on and provider :D

do you have a years actual consumption for both
i will work it out if you tell me the plan your on and provider :D
Will do so in a month or so once the suppliers provide us with out annual statement. Thanks :)

(PS - currently with EON)

Our electric , is costing us a bloody fortune. Easily double what the gas is costing us (and we have gas central heating and a gas cooker) Must cost us in the region of £25 a week for electric and only £15 for gas (I have the central heating on at least 8 hrs a day too ) ;) ;)
I've queried the electricity bill, but just keep getting fobbed off by Eon. Grrrrrrr ;) ;)

All of this pales into insignificance when we used to live in a large 5 bed edwardian house - used to cost about £300pcm for dual fuel.

Sold up, downsized and bought outright with no mortgage. More free cash and we're all happier and less stressed. I do miss some of the more elegant rooms and the space sometimes. But the running costs are not missed in the slightest - even decorating a room required twice the materials back then as they were so big and tall.

do you have or take actual readings ?
annual statements are only off any real value if actual consumption is included with actual readings this seldom happens more often than not one end or other is an estimate
the average actual level off reading meters seems to be every 9 months or so

I take and supply (and they see when they can) actual readings. Unfortunately I have not being writing them down so will have to rely on the next bill date in Jan/Feb to provide a full picture :oops:

Suppose I could call them with a reading and ask them to send me details, but with crimbo coming I'm happy to leave this until the New Year.

just start taking actual reading every month from now on on or the day after your standing order date then you will be fine JUST WRITE IT DOWN LOL :D

If you are doing it online you should be able to see what your submitted readings are for about the last 2 years.

You're all ganging up on me :LOL: :LOL:

Alright, alright, I'll get onto it :)

Sponsored Links
Back