Bit of advice on Boilers before the big freeze hits home!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a detached bungalow with 13 radiators in, it’s a big bungalow, I am thinking about changing an old glowworm 120 boiler for a condensing combi, reasons for this are cost of running and the position of the current boiler(I am in a wheelchair and cannot get to it).Right, I have been told by various heating engineers that I need either
A Worcester Combi 35CDI RSF
Or
A Baxi combi 133 HE Plus or i know someone who can get the Italian made Baxi Platinum 33 for a good price. The question is, which do I get as I want a radio controlled controller which I can put at a good height for me in my living room. The Platinum has 5years warranty on it but I don’t know which to go for?
Has anyone got any dealings with either of these boilers?

Sponsored Links
There are lots of boilers and you should not need to get to it anyway.

Its a bit more expensive but what would be good for you is a room thermostat/timeclock which is like a TV remote control which you can keep with you as you move round the bungalow and operate the heating via the handset from where ever you are!

The Baxi Platinum is very new so there is no experience of it yet. The five year warranty is encouraging although it seemed to be a little overpriced to me but the extra may be worthwhile to give you piece of mind.

Most of the extended warranties require professional servicing every year, good business for us but an added cost for you if you would skimp on that otherwise!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Of course you need to be able to get to the boiler, that's why it has user controls on it, "duh", it will also have a reset button on it which may occasionally need pressing, dont let anyone fit it where you cant get at it.

Honeywell CM67 is excellent, fitted one yesterday with a new ideal Isar HE30, CM67 is a bit complicated if you are a bit of a thicko so Drayton RF 2 or 3 may be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back