Bl***y Jobcentre and Working Links

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The people who work at these places can be awkward bugggers at times.

I am doing a part time computers at work course at my local college which the jobcentre said was alright because its part time. "I am of course willing to give it up if a job comes along" of course, but untill one does I am sticking with the course which commenced in September.

However I have now been put to working links and the bloke there said I was doing too many hours and that he could do something about it but said he is not going to, he seems to me he could be very awkward at times.

Anybody else had problems with these people?

Sponsored Links
CAWORK said:
Anybody else had problems with these people?
My son has a terrible time with them and made to feel like he wasn't trying to get a job. We have written to 41 companies posting his CV and only 2 bothered replying and the job centre did not once helped him to get a job and only asked him to keep trying on the internet.

The final straw was when I took him on holiday last October and he has to sign on with the stupid forms filling again because he couldn't collected his payment as he was on holiday even he has told them the week before. Their attidite is if you cannot collect the payment then you must be working somewhere. We now must go on holiday in between the 14 days period to prevent it happening again, I give up.

I can understand the reason for tighten up on some of the workshy but seem to tar everyone with the same brush. :evil:

Crime doesn't pay? yeah right.

I have had my first ever experience of the job centre since I left college 20 odd years ago and I have to say they treated me like krap. I thought they were there to help you get a job, when infact they do bugger all.

I thought they may have 'recruitment consultant' types who will sit down with you find out what your looking for and contact companies on your behalf. Nop, you do all the work, they are just there to do the admin for the government. So they've rolled the job centre and dole office into one and just seem to have dropped the bit about helping people get work. Basically they just want you to get any old job just to get you off the list of statistics, never mind what skills etc you have.

As for the measly sum they give you, £50.00 a week, what the hell are you supposed to do with that! especially when you waste £5 travelling to the bloody place to sign on. It really ****es me off when you see the ones you know are milking the system, getting hundreds of pounds a week and never seem to get presssured into ever finding work. :evil:

Sponsored Links
only time I went in a Job centre was many moons ago to turn their water off at the mains stop tap ,due to a fractured 18" main streets away ..an valves going off lol
an how they screamed ,lol ...

an another point ,

You can mess with there Heads ..Very easy ..

a a good mate Crod ! (dont know his real name an Ive known him for over 26 yrs ,lol,)
he is a real workshy ‘Shelley’ - Hywell Bennet type bloke ..
he went through UNI for 15yrs when it was subsidised/grants ..lol
if you mention certain words to Civil servants they are PROGRAMMED to respond , lol
he is a practising muslim ,(KEYWORD !HAVE TO HELP !) he has been given extra funds to pay for his new faith time of the yr celebration , ... next month its something else ,

they/the NAZIs tried to pin him down on the job interviews he attends
he gives a wonderful interview then

explains he is either an Al/Quaieda /was IRA believer/friend ...lol

Thing with him is his mam an dad worked for the civil service all there lives an were given a retirement home in Cheshire til they were tufted out by cutbacks an forced onto my estate ,The Hill
I stopped the donalds terrorising them an he was a rich kid forced to live the poor upbringing life .. :(
I dont blame him F&CK THE GOVT .. they screwed his parents over an he does the same ..
NEVER

Back