black bird

Hi Richadp, noticed you've put a request to close the page when finished, whats been happening?

Sponsored Links
Does that then require manual intervention? could be awkward if not at home to reset it?

I've been limiting myself to about ten minutes at a time unless something like feeding is going on.

Well done for making such an interesting thread, wonder if we'll get to see the chicks leaving the nest or not?

Wonder also when does the mother finally abandon the nest?

Sponsored Links
Does that then require manual intervention? could be awkward if not at home to reset it?

I've been limiting myself to about ten minutes at a time unless something like feeding is going on.

Well done for making such an interesting thread, wonder if we'll get to see the chicks leaving the nest or not?

Wonder also when does the mother finally abandon the nest?
I've got internet at home and work so can keep a vigilant lookout, I'll keep the camera whirring! until the last one leaves home, so we'll see how long them pesky chicks abandon ship. p.s I was talking to Bill Oddy and he said that the greatest danger to Blackbirds is a garden strimmer!! cos they tent to build their nests low to the ground and just off foot paths.

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgery clinic. She laid
her pet on the table; the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to
the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head slowly and
said, "I am sorry, your duck has passed away."

The  distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I am quite sure. The
duck is dead," he replied.
"How can you be so sure," she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any
testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room and returned a few
moments later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked
on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the
examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked
at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog and
took it out, and returned a few moments later with a cat. The cat jumped up
on the examination table and also sniffed delicately at  the bird. The cat
sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of
the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I am sorry, but as I said, this is
most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." Then the vet turned to his
computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to
the woman.

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. £150!!!!," she cried.
£150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!!"

Scroll down

The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would
have been £20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now £150."

. p.s I was talking to Bill Oddy and he said that the greatest danger to Blackbirds is a garden strimmer!! cos they tent to build their nests low to the ground and just off foot paths.
View media item 11392Don't agree about strimmers particuliary but these things and modern farming is a bigger threat.

Had a school teacher tried to show the kids the blackbird cam, but site was blocked! Anyone know who sets up and decides and approves web sites for schools?

Had a school teacher tried to show the kids the blackbird cam, but site was blocked! Anyone know who sets up and decides and approves web sites for schools?

Yes. The in-school network manager. Will get Mrs B to have a look tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Yes. The in-school network manager. Will get Mrs B to have a look tomorrow and let you know what happens.

I'm wrong! Being part of a network, the decision to bar or otherwise certain sites is taken at council HQ. There is, for example, a complete ban on sites contain the term 'games'. However, appeals to allow certain sites can be made. Having said that, I have been in classes where the kids have accessed all kinds of nonsense.

how many chicks Richardp? I can see three I think and an egg.

Thanks for this richardp, not the joke :( but the web cam. :D

Whenever, I've looked its always the male on the nest, wheres his missis?

Whenever, I've looked its always the male on the nest, wheres his missis?
Oh come on! I know the quality of video is top notch but the resolution isnt THAT good :LOL:

either that or he's an extremely lucky chap :D

Stop it!
Now I feel old! Shilling indeed! Bet most folk on here don't know what one is! :LOL: :LOL:

They still use shillings in Kenya!

But to add to confusion there were only 10 shillings to the pound when I went there. Now its over 100 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back