Black & Decker Batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just bought a new 18v B&D cordless drill and A9282 battery. It came with a 3 hour charger. Thing is, I've already got a 1 hour charger for the rest of my 18v batteries, (which are all A9277's) and the A9282 battery won't fit because of a couple of plastic tags.

My question is..
Am I safe to cut the plastic tags off the battery and charge it in the fast charger, or do I have to use the 3 hour charger ??
Other than a different Ah rating, 1.2 vs 1.5, and these plastic tags, the batteries are identical as far as I can tell. Am I correct ??

Any help is greatly accepted from you guys.
Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
not a good idea you may have cheaper batts thats will eventualy cook if charged up too quick
if the batteries are interchangable in all the tools then why bother just use the 1hr batteries

having said all that still not gteed to work i had 3 18v batteries from a lidls saw a lidls drill and a challenge driver they all worked in each tool but although they fully sat in any charger they would only charge in there own chargers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back