Black & Decker Firestorm Battery / Charger not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for advice on what my options are.

I have a Black & Decker cordless drill (around 10 years old, still in good condition) but unfortunately the battery (A9275 Firestorm Battery 12v) is no longer charging. The problem is I don't know if the issue is with the battery or the charger (486910-15 12v Firestorm Charger).

I've rung my local DIY suppliers but unfortunately none of them seem to stock either of these products presumably because it's a fairly old part so I can't go instore to test them.

Is there some other way I can test which is at fault before purchasing one online?

Or considering the cost of either part is around £30 which is just less than half the cost of a new like for like drill (Black & Decker EPC128BK 12v Cordless Combi Hammer Drill plus 2 Batteries 1.2Ah) am I better off just buying a new one?

Thanks,

Jim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back