Black & decker gs1600 garden shredder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had to replace the blades on the shredder, but also I need new bolts to attach the blades.
All the site I’ve visited show the screw/bolt required, but as it’s discontinued there’s no info on the size. Is anyone familiar with this shredder and do you know the screw size.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you've lost the old ones, then?

It is pretty sure to be a metric size, for example M6 which is 6mm diameter.

Measure yours as best you can. If it isn't M6 it's probably M4.

Then, measure the required depth by inserting a matchstick or similar into the hole, and seeing how far before or comes out the other side, or reaches the bottom. You need that length, plus the thickness of the blade and any washers. If the end of the hole is closed, get one slightly shorter as it must not hit the bottom of the hole.

Decide if you want an ordinary hexagonal head, or something different.

Get fully-threaded, not part-threaded which may not suit your need.

You presumably only need a few screws and washers, so buy them on ebay and get stainless, as garden tools often go rusty. The cost will be slight. Grease the thread before fitting. If it goes into aluminium alloy, such as the motor frame, don't use a copper grease.

For example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=kayfast1&hash=item540db026ca:m:mnD2gz2BltPf1FHNHcVadjQ&item=361006900938&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xm6+stainless+screws.TRS0&_nkw=m6+stainless+screws&_sacat=0

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Martin

Could I ask where you got the blades for the GS1600 shredder from? The shops I'm looking at say they are discontinued. Thanks

James

Jamelooking Thanksats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back