Black Lives Matter Protests Today in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to excuse the killing of an unarmed, handcuffed black person in police custody, that is their right.
If people want to justify racism because of other crimes in society, that is their right.
If people want to deny that racism exists, that is their right.
If people want to argue that racism is not that bad, that is their right.
If people want to suggest that racism does not cause inequality, and or crime, that is their right.

But I'll continue to disagree with them.

Your the one who argues that racism is a one way street....

Some have tunnel vision some have Panoramic glasses..

You look at life through a toilet roll.

Sponsored Links
Are you suggesting that double standards causes racism?

Do you not understand that racism is double standards?

Yes & yes.... .. I want everyone to be equal.... you are blind....

I'll like to apologise in advance if you really are blind..

Sponsored Links
Are you suggesting that double standards causes racism?

Do you not understand that racism is double standards?
Yes & yes.... ..
Let me just check my understanding of what you are saying:
You are suggesting that racism is caused because certain authorities apply double standards to white people?
Or at least, certain authorities apply double standards to people based on their skin colour?

In effect, you are suggesting that certain authorities cause racism?

Let me just check my understanding of what you are saying:
You are suggesting that racism is caused because certain authorities apply double standards to white people?

Let's go back in History... Whites only buses black only buses.
White only beaches... I could go further back in history but non of us know when racism started... The day dot is my guess..

Do you know what equality means?

Clue...... Its something I want for us all.

Let's backtrack a little. You can have another go:

Is that still your final answer?

Your a problem... A big problem.... While there are time wasters like you then we will always be a million miles from getting anywhere in life....

I'm going to enjoy my little girls birthday now.... Enjoy your day...

do not excuse what happened to George Floyd because he had a criminal past, that is shameful.

you are trying to argue the protestors are hypocrites because he had a criminal past, that is shameful.
could they not have found a more worthwhile character to hang their hat on than this criminal, 5 spells in prison, one for armed robbery! he was hardly a pillar of the black community.

How many people are going to die as a result of these protests? and it is not just those who contract covid as a direct result, with the NHS semi closed down for longer in respect to on going treatments such as cancer but also those too scared to consult their doctor for symptoms of all other illnesses. And then in the longer there will be the deaths from the economic collapse that will plunge many into life long poverty. These protests could be disastrous.

Lol. Rules are rules Brig. Remind me, how many humans can two Covid19 infected bods infect?

None, if they are distanced from others and practice good hands hygiene(y)

And there are rules for their own sake, and rules towards a purpose. Ignoring a rule may have no realistic or likely negative outcome.

could they not have found a more worthwhile character to hang their hat on than this criminal, 5 spells in prison, one for armed robbery! he was hardly a pillar of the black community.
He's the straw that broke the camels back. As for worthwhile characters, plenty but they weren't filmed and so clear cut cases of murder.

Those other deaths create the rage and show the lack of accountability. Floyd George proves that nothing happens if you don't protest.

Every mention of George Floyd on BBC news is preceded with the words "black man", e.g. protests were held today against the killing of black man George Floyd.

In my local paper, in crime reports, they used to tell you, in the description, if the criminal was black. They don't tell you that any more!

It is said that the BBC ended its "Crimewatch" programme because the wanted criminals were increasingly foreign, and the BBC were embarrassed about this as it didn't chime with their "Britons bad, foreigners good" scheme.

What a load of bollicks

I remember Shappi Korsandi doing a bit about this. She and a friend were at a do, and her friend was trying to direct her attention to the only black guy in the room.
However, instead of saying "the black guy over there", her friend kept on using every means other than the simple and obvious. Instea , "look! Look! He's scratching his nose now! Oh! You missed it!"

Another one, interviewee on R5L this week. Telling the tale of her friend who wouldn't point out the person she was talking about as black. Instead, using stuff like "the one with the earring".

Precisely, festive.
If there was no racism, or even if it wasn't so institutionalised, so endemic, so systemic, so entrenched in society, there would be no need for protests.

Eradicate racism, (or even support the movement) thus no protests, simple.

So don't blame the protesters, blame those in society who perpetrate racism, who want to see it continue and perpetuated, (even subconsciously).

As noseall said several times, "how bad is it" in response to those that say , "it's not that bad".
When your parents, grandparents, warn you from a young age that you will suffer from racism, and you prepare yourself to have that conversation with your children, it is that bad.
When the structural inequalities in society, not only mean that BAME people are more likely to die, (not only from police brutality, but also from their poverty and position in society) they are more likely to end up in prison, in poverty, in squalor, in poor health, etc.
How bad does it need to be when centuries of perpetual racism has caused structural inequality in society.
It is that bad!
If you want to close your eyes to it, and pretend everything is OK, then structural inequality, based on skin colour will continue, and protests will continue. Unfortunately protests may occur at inopportune times, but racism is opportunistic and a scourge in and on society.

View attachment 194939
Ok so how come despite my roots and appearance my parents never gave me the chip on my shoulder warning me I would possibly have to look over my shoulder my whole life.
I'm glad they didn't because despite the odd incident racial or not I've taken each person as they come and how they act towards me.
Racism isnt just about white being racist to blacks.

All of my early racial experiences were against me from blacks and Asians my parents were always extremely liberal in their views to me.

Just a thought look at these stats what do they tell you about black on black violence how much do their lives matter here. Seems theres far far more against each other considering the backlash about the cop which is a sep issue which must be eradicated.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back