Black Lives Matter Protests Today in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they don’t have a right at the current time, do they? The guidelines are no more than 6 people from one household, two metres apart. Selfish, idiotic ****s. I haven’t seen my Grandchlid since March and the longer these ****ing idiots keep ignoring the advice, the longer we'll all have to wait before life can get back to normal.
Life isn't going to back to normal without a vaccine. We let it go too much to start with and then started relaxing too soon. The only way were going back to normal in the next two years is with a vaccine, otherwise we'll have to have significant social distancing to control the rate of spread.

Given we're going to have to live with Covid-19, how much of our lives do we choose to let it dictate?

As for clamping down on protests, Cummings has made that impossible.

Sponsored Links
They will be mostly responsible for the 2nd wave, and all their protesting will have done is cause themselves even more pain and anguish.

And the rest of us. They may or may not get ill. But they may well take the virus back to their families, neighbours, businesses all over the country. Not to mention the long-suffering Police in normal uniforms who had them yelling close up and personal in their faces. Forget their 'cause'. These are selfish morons in the extreme.

Group stupidity at it's best, they will cause unnecessary deaths.

No one should support this, at this time.

The thousands gathering in protest are honouring a known criminal, who had been in jail several times, one of the offences being holding a lone woman at gunpoint in her own house while he ransacked the place for valuables.
Meanwhile, in St Louis, a 77-year old retired African-American police officer, David Dorn, has been killed as he tried to help protect a shop owned by a friend of his. Seriously, who is more worthy of being honoured? Or is the ex-police officer just 'collateral damage'?
I was unaware of that, the BBC has been painting him as some gentle giant that everyone loves - may be not?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lis-start-new-life-released-prison-Texas.html
prison at least 5 times, last one armed robbery - I have lost a lot of the sympathy that I had for him now.

the police were still wrong and deserve to be on murder charges, but if he was known to them it could explain the rough treatment - absolutely no need to kneel on his neck after he was cuffed though, police have to be far far better than that.

Sponsored Links
No he didn't. You lie. Again.
It's a fair interpretation of what happened. Even if you don't think it's a fair interpretation, it's a very widespread interpretation.

Even if Boris didn't mean to tell a large chunk of the population that the Covid-19 rules can be bent like a Banana, that's what they heard.

It's a fair interpretation of what happened. Even if you don't think it's a fair interpretation, it's a very widespread interpretation.

Even if Boris didn't mean to tell a large chunk of the population that the Covid-19 rules can be bent like a Banana, that's what they heard.

No, it's not.

You made an assertion that it is a widespread interpretation. I made a counter assertion that it isn't. My experience is that there is widespread condemnation of what Cummings did but no-one believes that gives anyone else permission to act in the same stupid manner. Quite the opposite. Reasonable people understand the slowness with which numbers are coming down and the need to maintain the distancing until the recovery is less fragile.

These morons in London and elsewhere are putting everyone at risk, not because of Cummings but because a) they're bored and b) they've been brainwashed by the media over-reaction.

If you honestly think these idiots gave any thought to Cummings or BJ, you are deluded.
They will if the authorities try and play the Covid card.

Good enough for Dom, good enough for me.

Dumb Tory feckwits.

You made an assertion that it is a widespread interpretation. I made a counter assertion that it isn't. My experience is that there is widespread condemnation of what Cummings did but no-one believes that gives anyone else permission to act in the same stupid manner. Quite the opposite. Reasonable people understand the slowness with which numbers are coming down and the need to maintain the distancing until the recovery is less fragile.

These morons in London and elsewhere are putting everyone at risk, not because of Cummings but because a) they're bored and b) they've been brainwashed by the media over-reaction.
See, that is something that adds to the discussion.

But you're wrong, so there.

Life isn't going to back to normal without a vaccine. We let it go too much to start with and then started relaxing too soon. The only way were going back to normal in the next two years is with a vaccine, otherwise we'll have to have significant social distancing to control the rate of spread.

Given we're going to have to live with Covid-19, how much of our lives do we choose to let it dictate?

As for clamping down on protests, Cummings has made that impossible.
So, you’re okay with protests and mass meetings under some circumstances then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back