black mould on bedroom ceiling (box room)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have got a problem with black mould on the ceiling in our smallest bedroom. It appears along the edge of ceiling where it meets with the top of the outside facing wall. I would like to know how to deal with it and what to use and also would like to know what the most likeliest cause is, i.e. could it be from poor circulation/ventilation in the room or could it be from the loft area above, perhaps from loft insulation? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think you've answered the question. Ventilation/airflow would be the main thing and also a bit of warmth in the room.An outside wall,especially if it is a solid wall (internally) will often be a cold wall. An ideal place for mould to grow if the air in the room is not moving.

Roughcaster.

Thanks Roughcaster. Do you know of any good remedies/products for getting rid of said mould?

Hi Barney,
I know bleach is quite effective for removing mould. There are probably other products on the market made just for that purpose. Someone on here will tell you though.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back