Black Trunking

Sponsored Links
Dare I suggest paint or spray :eek:
That works if you don't intend to open the trunking again. If you do then you will almost certainly knock the paint off while trying to get the lid off/on leaving something that looks a horrible mess.

Betaduct do all sorts of trunking including the size and colour you want.
The type you are after is called solid wall.
The Betaduct catalouge can be downloaded from here:

http://www.betacable.com/productbetaduct.php

regards

That URL doesn't work. But this one does!!

http://www.cablecraft.co.uk/50x50-black-plain-pvc-duct-8x2m.html

MAny other sizes are available on that site.

Oh Poo pants.

Why do people dig up old topics??? What a waste of time….

mhollie2010 you are off my Christmas Card list.

Oh Poo pants. ... Why do people dig up old topics??? What a waste of time….
Few of us have never been guilty! I blame the 'similar topics' lists at the bottom of the page, but I gather that something might be done to at least partially deal with that problem before too long.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have mentioned this before - must have a word with Admin.
A number of other forums automatically lock a topic if there have been no posts for 6 months. This allows them to be viewed, but not added to.

Maybe the "near future" will include something like that….. :)

6mo is not necessarily enough, e.g. if someone is documenting a self-build.

Or mbalson is trying to upload his latest batch of photos.

I have mentioned this before - must have a word with Admin. A number of other forums automatically lock a topic if there have been no posts for 6 months. This allows them to be viewed, but not added to. Maybe the "near future" will include something like that….. :)
Indeed. Something clearly needs to be done about it and hopefully it will be before long.

Kind Regards, John

I will - try to - reply to this topic in another 7 years an see if anything has happened. :LOL:
Good plan - but hopefully something will happen long before that!

Of course, the 'solution' might be that anyone foolish enough to reply to an old thread will automatically get banned from the forum - so maybe I should say goodbye to you now, just in case :)

Kind Regards, John

6mo is not necessarily enough, e.g. if someone is documenting a self-build.
Or mbalson is trying to upload his latest batch of photos.

Maybe after 6 months only the original poster can reactivate a thread?
That's an excellent idea.

If it were possible then the autolock could kick in a lot sooner, maybe after 1 month.

6mo is not necessarily enough, e.g. if someone is documenting a self-build. Or mbalson is trying to upload his latest batch of photos.
Maybe after 6 months only the original poster can reactivate a thread?
That's an excellent idea. ... If it were possible then the autolock could kick in a lot sooner, maybe after 1 month.
Yes, that would probably work pretty well.

However, I think the main underlying issue is the wretched 'Similar Topics' list, which I feel sure is (rather than searches) responsible for the great majority of resurrections of ancient threads. It almost seems that the present 'Similar Topics' list deliberately excludes topics from the most recent 2-3 years, since they seem to rarely feature in the lists !!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back