Blair Force One

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see Cameron is considering having an aircraft to take him (and future PM's ) around the world to these meetings they like to go to. Apparently at £2000 per flying hour, it will work out cheaper than the present cost of almost £7000 per hour for the Royal Squadron flight or long haul charters.
Here's an idea Mr Cameron. Use EasyJet or Ryanair or even British Airways and travel with the great British public £700 will get you to Australia (when it's cold here in blighty) A flight to France or Brussels will be considerably cheaper using the budget airlines. (because you know your gonna be making a lot of trips to Europe in the coming months) The aircraft won't need refitting at a cost of £10 million pounds to us taxpayers, and in these times of austerity, you know it makes sense.
Here's an even better idea for travel to Europe,, Take the fookin train.

Sponsored Links
I'd prefer him having his own jet given present day threats.
If I knew he was on my easyjet flight, I'd seriously consider alternative travel arrangements.

He could always consider Germanwings, Malaysian Airlines or Metrojet. Hell, I'd even pay for the tickets myself (and I'm sure a lot of other people in the country would chip in) :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Here's another idea.... use video conferencing. We have the technology.
I've wondered that for a long time. Except of course, that they wouldn't get the free luxury hotels and nosh ups that they get if they did that.

He could Iraqair, Syrianair or perhaps Saudia.
ISIS wouldn't bomb them.

I'd have thought a hot air balloon would be more suitable transport for politicians. . .

Cameron balloons would appear to be the ideal choice for our PM. (A famous manufacturer based here in ol' Brizzle).

You forget how many plans are formed over handshakes and private chats.

I wouldn't want the Priminister discussing security issues etc. over a video call. Feck that.

Here's an idea Mr Cameron. Use EasyJet or Ryanair or even British Airways and travel with the great British public £700 will get you to Australia (when it's cold here in blighty) A flight to France or Brussels will be considerably cheaper using the budget airlines.

I can picture the scene..........."Sorry Mr & Mrs Bloggs, I appreciate that you have booked this flight many months ago, but unfortunately the PM and his army of staff and security have priority on this flight due to an urgent meeting/summit/memorial service/etc overseas. I apologise for the inconvenience"................No THANKS!!

It would be gross negligence to let it be known he was flying on a standard flight with Joe public.

A better way would be to say he was flying out of Brise Norton, or some other military base, on such and such a day but then slip him onto a standard flight the day before unannounced.

It would be gross negligence to let it be known he was flying on a standard flight with Joe public.
You're right. I bet that at least half of the passengers would set about him!

Sponsored Links
Back