Blanking off a double switch for Hue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have had a look around various threads and have found some similarities to my question but the wiring is different in mine so thought would post.

I have a double switch. One switch controls the lights in the bathroom, the other switch controls the landing lights (these lights are also controlled by two other switches - one downstairs and one along the landing). The other two switches have been covered and replaced with a Hue dimmer.

The bathroom lights are now controlled by a Hue PIR sensor. So I want to put a blank cover over this double switch so that both Bathroom and Landing lights remain on to be controlled by Huey Lewis and the News.

I have attached some photos. I have in one highlighted the bathroom switch.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• socket.jpg
    socket.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 64
  • socket2.jpg
    socket2.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 63
  • socket3.jpg
    socket3.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 59
  • bathroom.jpg
    bathroom.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Oops! We ran into some problems.

Can't edit...........

Sponsored Links
I use one of those on the downstairs toilet. Do they do double switch versions - and would that mean my wiring problem goes away?

I'm not aware of anyone selling double "secret key" switches as a single unit, but pretty much all vendors include them in their modular ranges, so you can build up a plate out of modules.

It's one of those extractors that is always on - and will come on if the light isn't on if it senses moisture.
Seems like this is a pro job - will call someone :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back