Bleeding oil line after running out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone now how I bleed my Grant combi 90

We ran out of oil, had a deliverey yesterday to find it's not working, after lots of googling I think I need to bleed it but does anyone know how to do this?

The house is freezing.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help.

Sponsored Links
The head from the tank should be enough to push the oil through, all you have to do is bleed the air out from somewhere - that may involve either cracking a joint or if you have a dedicated bleed screw that's even better.

Nozzle

Ok... I'm not very good at things like this.

Would I "crack" the joint outside near the large green plastic tank or inside the house where the boiler is?

Where would the bleed screw be? What does it look like?

Thanks.

Crack open the joint where the flexible pipe within the boiler casing enters the oil pump.......have a load of kitchen roll handy!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry but which part is the pump?

Is it the large red circle thing?

I have posted a picture of the burner on my profile.

Thanks

The big red thing is actually the expansion vessel.
The burner is at the bottom, and has that big diameter flexy air snorkel tube going to it.
The pipe you need is a bright steel braided flexy pipe, carrying the oil from the tank to the burner. You need to crack that open as near to the burner as possible, really.
I can't enlarge your photo but that might be it, bottom left.

Ok, should I turn the burner on while doing the above?

Please excuse the spelling mistake in first post... Know not now. :eek:

You have to link to it using the "IMG" button in the reply window. It'll give you two tags [ img] and [ /img] and you need to supply a link between these two tags

Nozzle

GALLERY]

Can you see that metal pipe, white plastic coated, that enters the boiler casing bottom right?
That looks like the oil supply to me (with the black plastic tap very near to the burner).
Usually there's a braided pipe (or at least a flexible one) that continues from that tap into the pump. Can you find it?

Thanks John for getting back to us.

That white pipe doesn't go into the bottom but goes underneath and changes from white to a red colour and then loops around and goes in to the left hand side of the burner. If you looks closely it looks like the pipe attaches on to the metal bit and then the metal bit goes into the burner.

Does it need to be on when your bleeding it? Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back