Blithering Idiots

Sponsored Links
Me too. Nobody is infallible. Give the guy/girl a call and let them know what they did - they would be horrified I bet, and wouldn't do it again.

Instead of coming on a public forum and moaning :rolleyes:

Good post Gasman

THe Engineer that has never made a mistake does not exist (as long as they are being completely honest) ;)

Yep many of us ? ( me included ) can get complacent over various things we do , & some times a sort of shock come kick up the watsit can do u good , it triggers in the what if scenario !!

In my case many many years ago I left something in the roof of an empty house out in the sticks were we had been working , stopped down the end of the drive , went back to get it & found a peice of wood smoldering in the loft :eek: no damage done , but what if ????????????

Sponsored Links
Still never got a reply on what the OP does for a living....I'm sure he/she makes mistakes too...

Me too. Nobody is infallible. Give the guy/girl a call and let them know what they did - they would be horrified I bet, and wouldn't do it again.

Instead of coming on a public forum and moaning :rolleyes:
I'd be happy to agree. My main concern is about how a lack of concentration and making such an "easy mistake" is so potentially dangerous and according to Transco man seems to be a not uncommon mistake in his experience. You professionals are quite rightly highly protective in your professionalism and hard-learned knowledge/experience. Your criticism of the occasional poster who seems to believe that he or she is "competent" to tackle gas related DIY tasks is well founded.

I am therefore surprised to get a response from some of you that seems to suggest that such a mistake as leaving a bleed valve open on a routine service is indeed quite so "easy" to make and as such nothing to worry or complain about. I would have thought that a more reasonable response would include some sort of suggestion as to how customers can check that their boilers has been left safe without appearing to "stick our noses" into your affairs :rolleyes:

Still never got a reply on what the OP does for a living....I'm sure he/she makes mistakes too...
What I do for a living is of no concern to you. But yes I make mistakes, but other people's safety and wordly goods do not depend upon them, which is why you are rightly paid more than me on a day rate, and why my competence does not have to be assessed on a regular basis :rolleyes:

Most Rgi's make this mistake once in their careers, usually get 5 mins down the road then think ' did I check that test nipple' then spin the van around to check and usually find that they did.

Stop being such a drama queen and accept people make mistakes. We are only human, unless you are a robot?

Nobody is saying ' hey it ok to leave a gas leak, chill out'.

Now get a grip of yourself man, your getting hysterical :rolleyes:

Well this RGI didn't get 5 mins down the road and return did she? :rolleyes:

As fr it being an "easy" mistake, maybe the design of a boiler should be changed so that it is an impossible mistake to make, especially since it appears to be so rife. :rolleyes:

Who said it's rife? There you go getting hysterical again, calm down!

And since when can anything be designed where it's impossible to make a mistake?

Who said it's rife?

You did:
Most Rgi's make this mistake

And since when can anything be designed where it's impossible to make a mistake?
Since leaving the nipple open is such an "easy" one to make, then perhaps some kind of spring loaded or bayonet so that when you remove whatever it is you had to attach, the valve would autmatically close. Then any mistake through it being left open would be a design fault and not from careless numpties such as yourself walking away to the bank without bothering to check your inept handiwork :rolleyes:

You cut off the bit where I said ' once '.

If you think you are great and we are all bad, why don't you get qualified and show us how it's done?

Or better yet, take your idea on dragons den, or develop it and sell it to the manufacturers of gas appliances.

Let me know when your on, I love a laugh.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm out

"once" too often :!: As for the "we're all bad" ramble, well you used the word "most". I suspect it's probably not many, just a tiny number of careless workers like you with huge chips on their shoulders that have done it.

If this thread causes one person to not make that mistake tomorrow, then it's been worth it

You're out? At last :)

["]. But yes I make mistakes, but other people's safety and wordly goods do not depend upon them, which is why you are rightly paid more than me on a day rate, and why my competence does not have to be assessed on a regular basis :rolleyes:
You`re a non gas plumber like me :idea: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back