Block paving prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im planning to have my drive paved in marshalls tugela Paving
its around 70 m3. what would be a good price for this per m3. costs for materials and labour.
the quotes ive had vary so much i dont know if cheap price will be cheap job or expensive price is rip off.??
any assisatnce would be appreciated

regards

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Are they really digging down a metre, and have quoted on m3? :eek:

A good price to pay per m2 would be 10p. But that may not be good for the contractor.

Someone will be along soon to refer you to the forum rules on asking for prices

If the quotes are wide apart, then go with the middle price quoted

Just make sure that all the quotes are for the same thing - have you provided or been given a specification so that you can compare like for like?

depends on a number of things, however watch who you employ when it comes to block paving. Its a favourite of the cowboys. Get a reputable firm/person in to do it and make sure a decent sub-base goes down. Ask for some jobs theyve done and go and see them. Make sure theres some old jobs in there as well to see how the pavings lasted.

Sponsored Links
I have to agree with Thermo - you quite often find nice, new block paving that looks extremely impressive... until 12 months or more have elapsed and it looks like the proverbial brown runny stuff!

Also, allow for the fact that the amount and type of trafficking will have an adverse affect on poor quality jobs. If a path has only ever seen pedestrian use and no cars or vans then it is more difficult to tell how good a job was done.

i agree with the guys. when i first started laying block paved drives i thought they were the dogs. i look back at some i laid 10- 15 years ago and i'm not impressed.

clay paviors stand the test of time better than concretes.

a well laid tarmac drive framed in solid blue bricks looks the biz.

noseall said:
a well laid tarmac drive framed in solid blue bricks looks the biz.

But again, tarmac needs good sub-base preparation. But yes, it can look the business when done properly. The only caveat I'd add would be that in shady, damp areas it can be prone to moss.

thanks for your advice.
out of the 4 quotes 2 have provided previous job details. i have seen their work and spoken to the people concerned. they are not the cheapest but at the end of the day its the quality of job. the bandit of the bunch has shown his hand today but reducing his price but over £1000 when i said i have given the job to another company.

your words are much appreciated

regards

Hi

There was move than just the block paving, driveway entrance widened, 4 piers re-built for the entrance of the drive and front gate, drainage channel put in at the garage door and some other bits.

some quoted for all the work as one price some itemised it.

the ones that itemised just for the paving 2 quotes started at 6K one at £4250 and 1 at £4000 reducing to £3000 who said all the work will take 3days! other are quoting 7-8 days

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back