Block Paving Sinking - what action to take?

I do, 1972 Mk3 with a V8 motor, it lives in the garage though ;)

Will try and get some photos of the sinking when it's light. It is actually more towards the house where the drive has sunk, the front half of the drive nearest the road is fine! Only in the areas under the wheels, no ruts etc.

Sponsored Links
WIth clay beneath, I would have thought a tough fabric between the clay and the type 1 would have been in order - it helps prevent the two layers mixing.

As far as I know, the fabric is only for if the hardcore is large pieces only i.e. for a permeable surface. Proper Type 1 that hasn't separated out has the right proportions of dust and small aggregate so it shouldn't be able to sink as there shouldn't be any voids. So far, that's been true for our drive...touch wood!

"Permeability" is not the criteria for when planning permission is required.

MOT 1 is not in impermeable in any case.

And the MOT is not on the surface either.

Not so according to Guidance on the permeable surfacing of front gardens - Gov.uk

of course the type 1 is not on the surface. That is irrelevanthe anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back