Block paving tips?

pgs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm thinking about block paving my driveway, but have a couple of questions if anyone has any tips please.

the drive currently has paving slabs down - the bigish ones found on street pavements. i was wondering if i could use these instead of a sub-base - it seems like it would give a lot firmer foundation. if so, should i aim to re-bed these very smoothly and use not much sand, or should i not worry too much about getting the slabs even and just use the normal (6cm or so) of sand?

my other question .... most of the block paving that i see on other people's drives is bumpy - some of it really badly. is this bad workmanship, or just inevitable with this type of paving? i was thinking that using the existing concrete slabs as sub-base might help prevent this from happening

Sponsored Links
most of the block paving that i see on other people's drives is bumpy - some of it really badly. is this bad workmanship, or just inevitable with this type of paving?
Certainly not inevitable - always due to poor installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back