block shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..

I am building a single skin block shed at the bottom at the garden and just need to know if i need to put a pier in.. ive had a look through the posts and although i cand find similar questions i cant find one that answers it specifically.

the shed is 3m x 3.5m and 2.3m high there are 2 layers of enginneering bricks, dpc then blocks, a upvc door is being put on one of the 3m walls at the corner and i am putting a single brick pier either side of it.

My question is will i need a pier on the any of the other walls as they are not that long

Many Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hi'
If you're using heavy/dense blocks you should be ok without a pier. It certainly wouldn't go amiss though. If using lightweight blocks i'd say put one in on the longest length.

Well just put half a pier in then!
assume you're having a flat roof or ceiling joists? these should strenghen the shed.
Single skin wall will let water through BTW. If you want a single skin you'd be better using engineering brick, jointed both sides.

Sponsored Links
will proberbly get it scratch coated with waterproofer when all donne when done. will either be a flat roof or sloped havent decided yet lol

thanks for the advice i will put in a half pier along the long walls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back