blocked condense pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a worcester 24i combi boiler that is about one and a half years old. I recently broke down and being under guarantee was looked at by a bosch worcester engineer. He said that the condense pipework was blocked and had cause water to flood the fan and circuit board, both of which he replaced. How do i unblock the condense pipework, where is it located and is this something i would be able to do myself? Funds are a little 'low' at the moment.

Grateful for any advice

Kelly

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, just had a look under the boiler and there is a white plastic pipe that is underneath the boiler but how do i get into it? I guess i would have to take the case off the boiler? Am i supposed do do this? Sorry for the daft questions but i really am clueless when it comes to these things but willing to give them a go!

follow where the pipe goes, its probably blocked where it joins your internal drainage or outside. If its blocked near the boiler then the boiler's to blame.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I live in a flat and the drain outlet is not that obvious (certainly no pipe coming out my external wall) but i will have a look tomorrow when its light and see if i can find where my drain leads to.

Kelly

Why has nobody asked the obvious question?
What causes a one and a half year old condensate pipe to get blocked?
I expect you have a problem underneath the problem.

Did the bosch worcester man check gas, flue or other things?

Does it go into the pipes under the sink?
Seen quite a few of these get blocked up with fat from the washing up! :eek:

I am surprised that he did not have a look at the drain while he was there.

Its good of him to replace those parts ( about £400 worth! ) when its not the fault of the manufacturers.

It could well be the installers fault for connecting the condensate where its likely to get blocked.

Let us know where the blockage is.

Tony

I found the blockage in the condensate pipe. It was just before it meets the drainage pipe from the sink. It was totally gunked up, but i had to cut throught the pipe (with a kitchen knife!) to get to it. . I poured water through the pipe and its now running freely and clea (Just off to B&Q now to get something to reconnect the pipe and then all should be well (hopefully)

Thanks for all yoiur advice.

Kelly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back