Blockwork plan. Garage wall, with windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any opinion on my planned blockwork layout for a garage wall? It's just a single skin garage wall. The blocks are 140mm wide, rather than 100mm so there shouldn't be any need for piers.

I was slightly worried that it might be unstable due to the large amounts of windows and the blocks being on their ends, but I'm not sure how much difference that would make. I've certainly seen houses/sheds worse than this :) This plan makes for a minimal amount of block cutting.

Shame I can't find a single 4m concrete lintel, otherwise I'd be much happier (until I came to lift it :))

Cheers for any replies!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Fantastic! Thanks. I'd looked through part A before but missed that half-page, which is to exactly what I needed. The above fails, marginally because of rule 4. (The supports between the windows are too narrow, which is what I was worried about.)

Revised to three larger windows, with blocks sideways.

Thanks for the specific reference!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back