Bloody Dentists

ive just had all 4 wisdoms pulled in two seperate sittings.

last 2 got done yesterday. the first 2 were fused to the bone and she drilled em off....caused an infection and i had a balloon for a face for a week. the last 2 went ok.

the gum freezing stuff always gives me a terrible hangover so i always tell them to go easy on that stuff. i usually feel a litle bit of pain but its ok.

my old man hates the gum freeze and has had several teeth yanked with no anaesthetic at all :eek:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
it makes you wonder how they got on a couple of hundred years ago with no dentists and no pain killers.
Or it makes you feel lucky not to live in the third world now!..

Was in Katmandhu a while back, and the dentists either had a stall on the street, or a shop with an open door - foot operated drills and no pain killers the norm..

Usually the stall (or window) held sets of dentures that were no longer needed ( ;) ), and prospective new owners were invited to just try them out and see if one fitted!!

This is actually from india, but it gives you the idea...

hill-bazaars_sidewalk_dentist-India.jpg

You reckon the wailing you hear from mosques is to do with amateur dentistry and not in actual fact praying? ;)

hill-bazaars_sidewalk_dentist-India.jpg

I wouldn't like to cross the geezer whose left his teeth on the left hand side of the table. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Do you think that I could fly to India, trace this guy, get him to replace the tooth I got taken out, have a fortnights holiday there for less than the £2500.00 my own dentist said it would cost to replace it? And has anyone else out there ever been quoted such a high figure for a replacement tooth?

bolo said:
Do you think that I could fly to India, trace this guy, get him to replace the tooth I got taken out, have a fortnights holiday there for less than the £2500.00 my own dentist said it would cost to replace it? And has anyone else out there ever been quoted such a high figure for a replacement tooth?
After having had several teeth removed recently, I was quoted approx £1000 for each implant - google 'dental tourism' and see how we get ripped off!...and after all, most 'uk' dentists are trained abroad anyway!

Sponsored Links
Back