Blown Double Glazed units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 units all in separate windows that have blown, I have been a double glazing company for a quote for new units. They told me they would do just the units but couldn't guarantee how long they would last as it is possible that the fault lies with a 'leaky frame' and they would just blow again, he recommended I buy new frames, is this true? or am I being led up the garden path???

Sponsored Links
Absolute rubbish. You should get at least a 5 year guarantee with new units. As for the frames, if they are drained properly it won't matter how "leaky" they are (and if there is a drainage problem this can easily be fixed without having to get new frames.) Kick the company into touch.

You could always remove the blown units and lay them on your back lawn to dry them out, while they're drying go and fit bridge packers to each offending window and clean the drainage holes out, then once the units have miraculously fixed themselves you can re-fit them, stand back and be proud that you just saved yourself about £50................for now! ;) :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back