Blu-Tack removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a solvent that will remove all trace of blu-tack from emulsion paint. I scrape it off, I wash and rinse it well, but it still manages to bleed through new paint finish, sometimes making the fresh paint separate! I have a really big wall covered in the stuff! All comments welcome! Wigmoreman.

Sponsored Links
Methylated spirit or Chewing gum remover,but try it on out of sight area first to see what chemical reaction you might get !

Thanks for the info folks. The wall I have problem with is 2000 square metres! By the time I finish I will be the leading expert in the removal of blu-tack! Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's a big 'lounge'! It's 105 metres long and 75 mtres wide and about 2.8 mtres high! I am told it's same as three football pitches.

Should keep me busy for a few weeks!!

Are you sure the lounge not in the lighthouse when you keep going round and round :LOL:

You could try using an oil based paint / primer. Blu tack is very greasy and it may be seeping through the paint. Oil based may block it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back