BM751 gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I just wondered if anyone knew where I could source a Dungs BM751 gas valve ? Its for an old solid fuel Aga converted to gas and its letting by.

I've tried Partscenter, Gas appliance spares, Dungs and everyone draws a blank

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think this is the obsolete one. They all do it apparently. Replacement is different make and £200+. You could buy a proper cooker instead, for that :cry:

True but the customer will pay the price if I can source one because a new Aga is what £5000 ish ? They are aware that it may cost in excess of £200 for the valve alone - if I can find one that is :mad:

Sponsored Links
The plot thickens lol

It was a solid fuel Aga not gas and Aga dont condone gas conversions so aren't very helpful ! I think its a Don conversion but couldn't find any contact details when I googled DON ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks for the replies

Had a look at that conversion and dont think that will help - thats the Junkers to SIT conversion in the combustion chamber and what i'm after is the Dungs DON conversion ( valve sits on the side of the appliance )

If you could put a picture of setup . might help identify Pretty certain it was AGA who supplied BG with solid fuel to gas conversion kits when villages in leics where gased up about 18 year ago

The bm 751 is obsolete, don do a kit of bits and a sit valve to convert it, however they will only supply you with bits if you have been on their gas course. unless you do alot of aga,s or want a couple of days doing a course turn the job over to your local "aga-man". regards.

I've got a second hand SIT gas valve off of a converted (Don?) AGA. It's thermostatically controlled I think and, yes, it sat on the right hand front side of the appliance. If it sounds like it might be what the OP wants I'll try to dig it out and double check. Nice to think it might be worth £200! :D

Hello thanks for all the replies !

I managed to get DONs number from AGA and they quoted me £185 + VAT for a SIT conversion kit for the original conversion kit !! :D

Chrishutt - You may have just the part I need although i'm sure its only worth about £20 second hand :LOL:

Found it! It's a SIT 630 Eurosit, other numbers include 0085AP0012, Code 0630201, date 9727 (10 years old?). It has a thermostat (range 100° - 340°) probe and capillary, large black control knob graduated 1 - 7 and with off and ignition settings. there are 2 x 3/8" female threaded tappings for the gas inlet and outlet, plus tappings for the thermocouple and the pilot tube. Exactly like the one illustrated in ChrsR's link but without the grey plastic cover.

I removed it from an AGA 7 years ago when I suspected it might be faulty since the thermoelectric valve occasionally shut off. However this continued with the new valve and turned out to be due to the interrupter cable connecting the flue temp. stat. so the valve is OK. Since then it's been wrapped in a plastic bag in it's box on a shelf in my flat, so well out of harm's way.

I can probably get my son to take a pic. if you need further confirmation. My email is in my profile if you want to make an offer.

I got a eurosit 630 aswell but it came off a stove....well over 300 quid last year. :eek:

Be aware that the sit valve needs a different bypass fitted depending on which aga you fix it too !. DON must have had a change of policy, perhaps going "belly up" a few years ago has had something to do with it.
I doubt you could buy a complete kit though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back