BMW and Audi Accidents

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
I'm surprised that Prius is the top crashed car, but I suspect it is over represented by London Uber drivers.

I've had many different cars, was never a Beemer fan until I owned one. A marque gets a reputation and you therefore notice it more. If a car is a "drivers" car then it will of course be targeted by people who like to drive quick.

I've never been a fan of the top German cars.
Sitting behind one at Dunelm the other day I noticed a nice red Mercedes.

Looked it up and was surprised by the price.
I may just well look into it foe my next car

Sponsored Links
You must be one of the "safe" drivers crawling at 50mph on motorways in the fast lane.
You do that because you don't like lorries overtaking and passing 6 inches from your face.
So you stick to the fast lane.

I don't think I can remember ever seeing anyone doing 50 mph in the outside lane of a motorway, unless they were in a line of cars doing the same speed. They would be going slower than the cars in the middle lane? I just don't remember seeing that. Do you come across this a lot? Maybe it's a London thing.

My experience is usually more like the other poster. The other night I was driving and it was late and there was virtually no traffic. I was doing 32mph in a 30 zone on a long straight road about a mile and a half long. A car zoomed up behind me. There were no cars coming the other way. He tailgated me extremely closely for about a mile, instead of overtaking. Then suddenly, as we approached a bend, he finally sped past me and zoomed off. I then saw it was an Audi. There were no speed cameras so I was really confused by this driving.

I don't think I can remember ever seeing anyone doing 50 mph in the outside lane of a motorway, unless they were in a line of cars doing the same speed.

I see something like this regularly, and all across the country.
Mostly early on in the day (0500 or so, say, if I'm trying to get ahead of the rush but can't be there stupidly early).
The number of drivers who join a basically-empty motorway, then slew across to lanes three or four, is quite baffling.

Especially as they often are going significantly slower than 70, and are completely oblivious to me, sauntering past them in lane one.....

I see something like this regularly, and all across the country.
Mostly early on in the day (0500 or so, say, if I'm trying to get ahead of the rush but can't be there stupidly early).
The number of drivers who join a basically-empty motorway, then slew across to lanes three or four, is quite baffling.

Especially as they often are going significantly slower than 70, and are completely oblivious to me, sauntering past them in lane one.....

That is really bizarre. I wonder what's going on in their heads. I'm never on the motorway at those times. My experience is mainly of a busy M62 when every lane is nose to tail and the outside lane is going at 80+ mph. You'd have to be nuts to put your car in the outside lane at 50mph.

Sponsored Links
I don't think I can remember ever seeing anyone doing 50 mph in the outside lane of a motorway, unless they were in a line of cars doing the same speed. They would be going slower than the cars in the middle lane? I just don't remember seeing that. Do you come across this a lot? Maybe it's a London thing.

My experience is usually more like the other poster. The other night I was driving and it was late and there was virtually no traffic. I was doing 32mph in a 30 zone on a long straight road about a mile and a half long. A car zoomed up behind me. There were no cars coming the other way. He tailgated me extremely closely for about a mile, instead of overtaking. Then suddenly, as we approached a bend, he finally sped past me and zoomed off. I then saw it was an Audi. There were no speed cameras so I was really confused by this driving.
This happens every single time I go on motorways, without fail.
The "safe" drivers need their license confiscated for life.
If you want to go at 20mph on every road in any condition, just go on a bicycle and leave us alone; we have things to do, places to be, people to see.

The other night I was driving and it was late and there was virtually no traffic. I was doing 32mph in a 30 zone on a long straight road about a mile and a half long. A car zoomed up behind me. There were no cars coming the other way. He tailgated me extremely closely for about a mile, instead of overtaking.
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago in the Peak District. Deserted road, late at night. I sped up a bit as he was that close to me, headlamps full on and he wouldn’t overtake. About a week after I got home I got a speeding ticket. Doing 39 in a 30 or something like that. I often wondered whether it was a cop in the car goading me on.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago in the Peak District. Deserted road, late at night. I sped up a bit as he was that close to me, headlamps full on and he wouldn’t overtake. About a week after I got home I got a speeding ticket. Doing 39 in a 30 or something like that. I often wondered whether it was a cop in the car goading me on.
Most likely

Highly unlikely.

I definately didn’t go past a fixed speed camera and I’m sure the summons said something like 'mobile camera'. Anyway, I had to pay £100 and they let me do a speed awareness course in Essex so no points.

That is really bizarre. I wonder what's going on in their heads.
Might be linked to another "phenomenon" I see, frequently, on the motorways: the lane roller.

Usually lane three of four, or two of three, but no lane changing.
Just roll on and off the throttle, as "their" lane empties and is occupied again.

An absolute pain when you're overtaking them, only for them to speed up to eighty or ninety as the car in "their" lane pulls into the next inside lane.......... then back down to sixty-five when they reach the next car ahead.......

..... and rinse and repeat, until their off-junction. Which they stay in "their" lane for, until the last few yards......

Might be linked to another "phenomenon" I see, frequently, on the motorways: the lane roller.

Usually lane three of four, or two of three, but no lane changing.
Just roll on and off the throttle, as "their" lane empties and is occupied again.

An absolute pain when you're overtaking them, only for them to speed up to eighty or ninety as the car in "their" lane pulls into the next inside lane.......... then back down to sixty-five when they reach the next car ahead.......

..... and rinse and repeat, until their off-junction. Which they stay in "their" lane for, until the last few yards......
Yep!
I see this often.

I see a lot of "strange" driving nowadays, of the type described above. I put it down to people high on drugs, foreigners, or foreigners high on drugs. If ever you are behind a car, late at night, which is going extremely slowly and cautiously on a quiet road, that will be a driver under the influence of cannabis.

Yep!
I see this often.

That's interesting. It's quite a while since I've driven on a motorway which was quiet enough to do that. When it's nose to tail you don't have much choice. But what is the best way to drive in the middle lane of three? Say on a moderately busy motorway, you're in the middle lane doing 75 and overtaking the vehicles in the slow lane which are doing 60. Then somebody pulls out in front of you say doing 65. If you can't get into the outside lane because there's no gap, you really have no choice but to slow down and then speed up again once that driver pulls back in.

Get off at the next junction, find the nearest police station, and hand your licence in (y)

I get your point. But I meant when you are overtaking the vehicles in the inside lane and there are no gaps big enough to pull back into.

Sponsored Links
Back