Bodge the Sparky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to remove some downlighters from one of my rooms and replace them as they are really awful brass colour. The previous occupant was apparently a sparky although i have had my doubts. I decided to look at the wiring in the attic - this is what i found

Clearly not too clever - Any suggestions on how to replace this mess - currently 4 downlighters are fed from this!

Sponsored Links
Can't make out what you've got there - is it basically a loop in and out, a switch cable and cables to each of 4 lights?

As holmslaw says, a 4 terminal JB and some sleeving is what you need, but up to 7 conductors per terminal will be a bit of a pain - is there any good reason why you can't supply the 1st light, then from there to the 2nd etc, rather than having all 4 come from the JB?

Also you might like to consider a JB like this:

rather than

AAJB20.JPG

Sponsored Links
I am going to daisy chain the lighting in as suggested - does anyone know the best place to get some loft cones / fire resistant down lighter covers so i can safely stick the insulation back down when i am finished?

Cheers
Jock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back