Bodging - WHY?!?!

The original topic has veered a bit off track but:

In 1984, I was on the dole,,,unemployed. I did a small job (a homer) for a friend (Ian). A little while after that, Ian asked me if I would be interested in doing a job for a friend of his. This person worked for the Department of Health and Social Security (DHSS) as it was known then. I went with Ian to see this job. It was a small tiling job in a bathroom. I met the man and we spoke about the job, and I told him about my situation. I said, "Do you know I'm unemployed and claiming benefit?" He then said to me, "I don't have to know anything about you, and you don't have to know anything about me". Crooked or what? but it suited him. I never did his job because it felt wierd, and I couldn't trust him... but he was willing to break the rules because it suited him,,,, and I bet it goes on to this day,,, all over the country.. Benefit fraud?? Yep,,,, It's a two way thing.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
WTF has that lot got to do with the art of bodging?

We've spoken about this on "DIYnot" often in posts.....People bodge because they are either too lazy to do the job properly, or they think they're saving time and money,,, probably the latter....
There're also people who think there's nothing wrong with their work however bodged it is. I've seen a door cut out to the shape of the skirting board and the dado rail because it's thicker than the door frame so the door can shut, but they can't see nothing wrong with it!

Sponsored Links
Back