Boiler and CH installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My warm air heating system (approx 40 years old) has eventually stopped working and I need to replace it. I've had a quote of £3500 +VAT incl. parts and labour for an Ideal Logic +, 4 rads and a towel rad, removal of old system and all made good. It's a two-bed terrace in Milton Keynes. Does this seem a fair price? Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Would be hard to say, not all decommissions and installations are the same. Plenty of variables to consider!
Is the property to be left occupied, what type of factors will make things difficult, such as furniture, floor coverings, floor types, wall types???? What if any type of remedial work will need to been done? Is an electrical supply easily available? Then consideration on flueing, condensate, pipework etc..
It would be wise to get a further 2 quotes.

Thanks for the reply. The house will be occupied during the work and there'll be furniture etc to cover. The walls are brick and plaster, the floors I don't know. There's an easily available electric supply. The other matters I don't know about.
I have one other quote already but it's much higher.

Boiler, flue and controls likely around £850.00
Rads dependant on size likely a £200.00 with valves (towel rads are generally expensive, not a towel warmer?)
Pipework guess around £150.00
So materials around £1200.00-£1400.00
So you have about £2000.00 for removal and replace.
It could be a fair price as generally occupied and furnished property are a bugger!

Sponsored Links
You should snap there hand of for 3.5k.
I've done many and it normally over 5k.
Sometimes you get lucky and can use the pipe duct from airing cupboard down into kitchen to run pipes.
Several big factors what is construction of house as chipboard timber framing doesn't take kindly to having a 6" wide length of house cut up. It even worse when it's stapled ply. There will always be some element of surface pipework normally downstairs on drops. What about ducting normally it is left. Sometimes cheaper if you say you will remove the above door vents.
You need someone who has experience doing them I've done at least ten there hard graft. I personally would suggest Intergas for simplicity( long term reliability) Glowworm or Vaillant. I had to service an ideal logic wasn't impressed with build quality.

Thanks for all your replies. Really helpful. I've got someone to do the work (fitting a Glowworm, leaving the WAU in place) and I'm happy with the new price.

Back