Boiler clearance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting myself a new kitchen and have a boiler that is currently between a unit (100mm away) and a wall (160mm away). I would like to fit a just door in front of the boiler but not an actual wall unit so it would still be open. Is this acceptable? What sort of clearance should I have from the front of the casing to the back of the door?

I contacted glow worm for a installation/user manual but they replied saying it would take a minimum of 3 months but probably longer :eek:

The boiler is a glow worm fuelsaver f if that makes any difference.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
There is a regulation stating that anything combustible should be a minimum of 25mm from the boiler.

Thanks for the info. Ill be able to hide the ugly old boiler now.

Sponsored Links
not sure you need 25mm clearance from an appliance to combustible material, you do need 25mm air gap from combustible material to flue due to excessive temp, but a lot of boilers quote 5mm air gap to sides of boiler for air flow, as casing is not warm, i would suggest 5mm clearance at the front would be enough but quantify it by saying the opening needs to be large enough when open to service/work on the boiler, or the panel needs to be readily removable, ie if boiler is 450mm wide it isnt acceptable to have a door in front of it that was only 300mm wide as you dont have full access

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back