Boiler condensate into normal drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does the condensate from a boiler need to go into? (i know it can go into a soak way but what are the other options?)

I'm currently having a bathroom installed, along with re plumbing for a water softener. There will also be a new waste pipe joining to an existing soil pipe setup to allow the water softener waste to go into. Can the condensate waste also connect into the same waste/soil pipe setup? If so i can ensure it is suitably positioned now for both appliances for when the boiler in changed in the future (Hopefully next year!)

If not, where can it go - other then a soak way?

Sponsored Links
I believe that is fine. In our house the condensate goes down the bathtub drain. One thing to watch out for is what pipes you have. Boiler condensate is acidic and some (old) pipework might not like that.

It's fine into household drainage, although direct connection to the dry section of a cast (or metal) soil pipe isn't advised.

Most likely will be plastic above and below ground. (Currently in cast, but will be looking to change to plastic next year before/during boiler works in preparation for 2nd bathroom being renovated)

Is it advisable to put a u-trap for softener and boiler to connect into? or straight into the waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
Cheers. Will leave the condensate to the heating guy to sort out how he wants to connect. The waste pipe is there for him to do as he pleases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back