Boiler condensate

Sponsored Links
Sorry sooey, I presumed you would assume the boiler was on.

If it's not, then next doors boiler must be running my rads...

Nonetheless, thanks for your contribution.

Sponsored Links
Possibly because you have turned up the flow temperature of the boiler because it is winter and now the water is so hot, the boiler no longer condenses....What boiler do you have?

You seem to have presumed that we would all know what boiler you have and what type of system it's running on.
If you only want meaningful answers a bit of meaningful information wouldn't go amiss. :rolleyes:

Sooey, thanks for your interest in my problem, and for being so thorough.
The boiler is a Glow worm Betacom 30c running 6 rads, and all our hot water.
Hopefully these details will make the difference, and allow you make a diagnosis.

Corgigrouch, thanks for your suggestion. I tend to leave the flow temp dial a couple of notches below max.

...because it's Thursday, everyone knows Combi boilers have a non-condensing day on a Thursday :rolleyes:

Seriously though, some real information here would be useful. Make/model, and what makes you think it's stopped producing condensate? Have you made any adjustments to the boiler's settings?

Muggles, there hasn't been any changes made to the boilers settings. The condensate drains into a bucket of lime chips that used to be constantly filled to the brim, but is now bone dry. Thought it may have been a problem generic to all condensing boilers, hence the initial lack of details. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back