Boiler continuallyon

Sponsored Links
enlighten my burden then....like what are the f£kk are you on abarrrrrt?

Wilhelm
I can see you're getting impatient with me. Sorry. But I am right aren't I? The Hot Water valve is connected now and the timer works to fire the boiler with the manual control. The Central Heating valve is disconnected but when it is connected the boiler is permanently on. So the CH valve is the bad one - correct?
There is a little silver bump by the screw on the end panel so I won't get wet? See comments/questions above to Scatman.
How can I use the rads with the valve disconnected - or can't I?
And who is Tourette? Hope he's Corgi registered!
Graham46

Sponsored Links
assuming all is off at prog, and you connect ch wire,and fires up boiler then that is the f£kked valve.

but.......you have boiler in garage.....frostat...feeds though ch valve.
normally.

im tempted to go for frostat prob... first. disconnect frostat. see wot appens.

Blimey
Never used a forum before. Didn't realise we had an audience of 122 and rising. It was fine till JohnD came in on the act.
Tourette's is something about facial tics and obsessive behaviour according to Mr Google. And he is definitely not a Corgi.
A million thanks for your help on this, Wilhelm. I will have a look tomorrow for a frost stat. Errrr...where do I look please? (loads of watching gas engineers burst out laughing). I'm reconnecting the bad valve to get the rads going for the morning and I'll get a new valve and chance my arm at fitting it. That's it for tonight. I'm going to bed and will check the forum again tomorrow early.
Thanks again.
Graham46

wilhelm wrote:
scatman are you some kind of mega d£ckhead?

No..i was just wondering why you find it necassary to use swearwords for no apparrent reason.
Which is the reason that i enquired if you had Tourette's Syndrome. It is a mental disorder which has been known to cause its victims to swear uncontrollably at inappropriate times.

Sticks & Stones etc :rolleyes:

cos i like to..

and obviously its the f£kkin end of your world.......

which is really great......

it adds emphasis.......and humour. well maybe not.

but i dont care what the f£kk what you think.

hope that helps me ole mate. :LOL:

when you go to work. do you tell you mates to stop swearing??

or are you some kind of office type arrangement.?

;)

wilhelm.. when i am with my mates i swear quite often because i know that it is acceptable to them. However i would never swear in the presence of someone i didn't know especially ladies. There are lots of people who visit this forum who couldn't give a toss if you swear, equally there are lots that do care.
I work by myself most of the time in customers houses so the profranities are usually on hold while at work.

How do you operate? Hmmm just imagine.

Good morning Mrs Smith you feeeeeking S**g i am here to try to Feeeking repair your Sh****te central Feeeking heating.
;)

it adds emphasis.......and humour

No it doesn't

If you want to know about how to add humour check out the post by JohnD_ to see how it is done

You'll make me :oops:

Anyway, it would be a dull old world if we were all the same.

And I bet poor old Graham is wondering what this has got to do with his boiler. He's new to Forums, remember.

Yes I am new to CONTRIBUTING to fora (that is the plural isn't it, Scat?) but not new to watching, listening and hopefully learning from the sidelines - mainly a sharedealing site. Unfortunately, there too, the discussions usually end up in personal slanging matches rather than sticking to the point. Pity really but I guess it's just too much testosterone, alcohol or ego around.
BUT I have to say I learned more yesterday about CH control systems than I ever knew in my life before. And you all had me laughing out loud which is something the Telly these days doesn't manage.
Anyway back to the point: I'VE FIXED IT!!!
There is no frost stat in the garage. I went to my local friendly Plumb Base this morning and purchased a motorised valve. The worrying thing was that when I got the old one off, the manual open lever suddenly worked - quite stiff to move to the open position and returned nicely on the spring. The man behind the counter thought the actual valve in the pipe might be seized and keeping the motor in the open position so sold me the whole assembly not just the power head. What a salesman! What a soft touch me!
BTW he knew our Mr Sweeney... the one withn the German helmet in Citizen Smith... in The Sweeney too... what it is to have a famous person to service our boiler!
Anyway, didn't want to drain down the system and risk getting stuck with water all over the place and no CH on a freezing day like today so just fitted the power head for now. Bingo! All back to normal.
If George does ever keep his promise and come back to me with his gleaming new Corgi card, I'll get him to fit the new valve body. I've paid for it so I might as well use it.
So, Guys, in less than 24 hours I have learned a lot, had a laugh and fixed the heating. What can I say except many, many thanks to you all for your contributions and assistance. If only it was as easy to get a real plumber/gas man to call (with card of course).
I might be back if/when it all goes per-shaped again. If not over and out.
Respect
Graham 46

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back