Boiler/extractor fans problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I had an electrical problem earlier today. One of the fuses kept popping so I called my landlord and an electrician came by and fixed the problem (a loose wire in one of the sockets).
Later this evening, after the electrician was gone, I realised that the extractor fans weren't working anymore (we've got one in each room - incl. the boiler room) plus I couldn't hear any noise from the boiler (it used to be a little noisy). When I wanted to take a shower I noticed that there was no hot water either and I instantly remembered that the electrician insulated two wires and he didn't connect them back to the fuses.

I'm not sure if the two problems are connected to each other.
The boiler is a DPS CPC-180-ANA and it has a Grasslin Ecosave control. I have no idea about the extractor fans, I'm sorry.
The pipe labeled "Hot Water" is ice-cold.

Any thoughts? I was wondering if there's anything I could check or even repair myself...

PS: the central heating system isn't affected by this, we have electrical radiators.

Sponsored Links
Call the landlord again, you don't know what exactly the electrician did, so you don't want to be messing with wires and blowing things/yourself/someone else up in the process...

It sounds like there was a spur off the sockets for the boiler supply that has been disconnected, that could mean the fault lies with the boiler which might be why he disconnected it.

I think the boiler was running smoothly and within parameters before. But I will call the landlord again, it's the best thing to do in this situation...

Sponsored Links
100% agree with Taylor.

Ok. You have the inconvenience of not being able to wash up / take a shower. But landlords as a rule don't like tenants messing with the fabric of their property.

Your wiring may be the biggest pile of cack seen since man walked this planet, but if anything should go wrong it will be your repairs that will be to blame.

Keep in mind he / she has their greasy mitts on your bond / deposit and they will do their utmost not to give you your money back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back