Boiler finally died

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 25 year old stellrad ideal has finally died,i am thinking of getting a glowworm combi fitted,any one had major problems with these?
Also looking for a reliable fitter around the wolves area for some quotes as the guy i had lined up failed to turn up for two weeks now

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
GW ultracom is a top boiler if you can still find one, ultracom2 ain't supposed to be bad but too new to know yet. Flexi HX yes Flexi CX not so sure. Vaillant good but pricey. Worcester have just raised their prices by 7% so not the best value. ATAG are highly thought of on this site but I have no personal experience.

BTW mysteryman works for Veissman so his advice, though accurate, may sometimes be a little biased.And weather compensation is not as good as room compensation.

GW ultracom is a top boiler if you can still find one, ultracom2 ain't supposed to be bad but too new to know yet. Flexi HX yes Flexi CX not so sure. Vaillant good but pricey. Worcester have just raised their prices by 7% so not the best value. ATAG are highly thought of on this site but I have no personal experience.

BTW mysteryman works for Veissman so his advice, though accurate, may sometimes be a little biased.And weather compensation is not as good as room compensation.

I think it may have been to an Ultracom last week. It was a pretty standard looking Band B with alloy recouperater but the time clock contacts had gone open circuit after only six months.

Viessman man being Bias........ reminds me that Biasi are also in Wolverhampton and if you had one of theirs they are only local.

But its a little difficult to know if the latest cheaper model M160 is going to be very reliable but it does have a five year warrantee as long as you get it serviced each year. The now well tried premix the M110 is very reliable though.

Tony

No Agile that was a Betacom - cheap carppy Tukish boiler, Timers are a very common fault.

Agile Tony is posting guesswork as fact - again. He doesn't know where I work. There are at least four heating manufacturers in this town!

I have been in the heating business for all but forty years, and I've seen all sorts of rubbish - in both appliances and installation work.

I mention particular products and types of controls because I believe, from the bottom of my heart, that they are the best. That is why I work where I do, and why I also do this in my own time.

I will not post guesses, only facts as I know them. If I make a mistake, I admit it as soon as I can - and have done just that here.

Go for quality, powerflush first, and fit weather comp.

I think it may have been to an Ultracom last week. It was a pretty standard looking Band B with alloy recouperater

the self proclaimed boiler expert doesnt even bother to remember what boilers he's seen, why does that not surprise me..........

Agile Tony is posting guesswork as fact - again. He doesn't know where I work. There are at least four heating manufacturers in this town!

You will see above that it was actually Beerlover who said you worked for Viess.

Tony

the self proclaimed boiler expert doesnt even bother to remember what boilers he's seen, why does that not surprise me..........

When I repair a boiler I look at the works inside. I dont bother with any name on the outside as most of the time I dont need to know what it is.

In any case so much of the insides is the same or similar between different models.

Tony

When I repair a boiler I look at the works inside. I dont bother with any name on the outside as most of the time I dont need to know what it is.

In any case so much of the insides is the same or similar between different models.

Tony

so how can you give advice on a forum if you dont know what the boiler is people are talking about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back